Mekong River Half-Day Small-Group Tour
You will see people underneath the houses, weaving silk on hand looms and dying it vibrant colors. See how the silk is transformed from a cotton wool-like texture into thread on homemade spinning wheels made from bicycle parts. Try using the looms to weave the silk into distinct Ikat patterns, or wander the village and meet the locals.
Later, board a boat for a sunset cruise down the Mekong River and back to Phnom Penh. Admire the city from the water as the setting sun provides a stunning backdrop to the skyline.
- Transportation via tuk tuk
- Sunset cruise - vehicle barge, local boat with life jackets
- English-speaking guide
- Khmer snacks
- Items of a personal nature
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Life jackets provided on cruise
- Small-group tour maximum 12 people per tour
- For most of the year it is hot in Cambodia. There will be opportunities to purchase water or bring a supply with you. Please keep hydrated and wear sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
Sadly I was taken on a different tour, probably because they had more bookings for the silk factory and walking tour, this was not Da the guide's fault, I guess she just follows instructions. I did go on the Mekong River but it wasn't for the Half-Day Small Group Tour that I booked, so yes a little disappointed. The area that we had to walk through to get to the boat was disgusting, muddy and full of all-sorts I dread to think. We also had to walk down a steep rocky area, so if you are not too good on your feet, I would not suggest this trip.
This tour represents great value-for-money. The sunset return cruise at the end of the tour was a real highlight we had a giant boat all to ourselves!. Worth doing but the tour can drag a little in places. Great to have a chance to visit Silk Island though and I am glad I chose this package to do so.
Well organised. Lovely guide. Very approachable and knowledgable. Lady at silk farm was amazing. Made us feel really welcome and the fruit she gave us was great. It was really nice to chat with her for a while to learn more about her and her lifestyle.
Excellent tour and guide
Enjoyed this tour,it was very cosy being transported by tuk tuk.The guide was very informative and the sights were a joy to behold.Eating some local delicases was an eye opener.Overall a very good tour.
Really enjoyed the tour - was nice to visit the Silk Weaving family business on Silk Island. Our tour guide was very friendly and full of knowledge.
a fantastic tour , are guide( daro) picked me up on time and was one off the most friendly guides i have had , we first went by public boat across the mekong, ( which was a great experience) then by tuk tuk through the countryside to a silk farm where they show you how the silk is produced and made , you even get a chance to weave some silk yourself , the people who own the silk farm are friendly and make you feel most welcome, at the farm wewere given refreshments off fresh fruit and drinks after the silk farm we were taken to see the reclining Buddha, and the monkeys !!! and to finish the trip we were taken back to phonm pehn by boat to see the sun set. this trip is well worth doing while in phonm pehn ,
This tour was amazing!