Monkey River Tour and Manantee Watch
About this activity
Upriver, your licenced tour guide will lead you into the rainforest in search of howler monkeys which communicate with each other to declare their territory. Nothing you read could prepare you for the adventure of hearing these monkeys for the first time... you have to experience it! Your guide will also point out the different plants and trees many of which are used for medicine by local bush doctors. As you hike through the jungle further from the river you may spot gibnuts also known as the royal rats, deer, ocelots, peccaries, tapirs, coatimundis and agoutis. Before heading out on a manantee watch and back to Placencia, we stop at Miss Alice's restaurant, where you buy a genuine Kriol lunch.Read more Show less
- Pick Up and Drop Off in Placencia Village.
- Tour Guide.
- Park Fees.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant meals not included.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers