Sloths, Frogs, Monkeys!! with Waterfall Hike and Corobici River Safari Float
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corobici, Alajuela Province, San Carlos, Costa Rica
You will be picked up by a naturalist, English-speaking guide in a private vehicle at your Guanacaste Beach hotel* for a day of pure Costa Rican natural wonders. After an easy drive that takes you along the outskirts of Liberia, the capital city of Guanacaste, you will be greeted by rolling hills and wide-open spaces. You will enjoy a wonderful short hike that takes you to the pool where the wide, stunning Llanos de Cortez spills into a refreshingly large pool. You will definitely want to take photos at this gorgeous spot!
Enjoy a relaxing, beautiful Safari Float trip down the stunning and pristine Rio Corobici looking for monkeys and birds. After the river trip, enjoy a delicious, typical “Tico” lunch, served hot with a refreshing fruit drink at a beautiful restaurant overlooking the beautiful Corobici River.
From here you will continue north on the Pan American highway and into the dense, lush hills that are home to sloths, monkeys. Blue Jean dart frogs and other colorful frogs like to hang out near the river banks, and you and your guide will have ample time to search for these natural wonders, because this unspoiled area is filled with wildlife, birds and plants. You will be glad to have the naturalist guide with you since the sloths, frogs, monkeys, toucans and other animals and birds are not in cages. The guide will really make your trip! They provide fun facts, point out wildlife, teach you about plants and trees and share their enormous love of Costa Rica. See why Costa Rica is Pura Vida.
We cannot “cue” the wildlife, so there is no guarantee that you will see all the animals, birds or reptiles listed.
- Private vehicle and naturalist guide accompany you and your party
- Hike to Llanos de Cortez Waterfall
- Rio Corobici River Float Safari
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only) : Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo and Playa Tamarindo area hotels. Contact us if staying at hotels outside these areas.
- Bottled water
- Hot "Tico" Lunch
- Transportation from hotels outside the Playa Hermosa, Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal, Playa Flamingo, Playa Conchal areas
- Tips for Guides or Drivers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Naturalist guide reserves the right to revise logistics or provide alternate tour options when necessary
- No guarantee you will see all animals, birds or reptiles listed in description.
- Not recommended for person with disability that would preclude them from hiking up and down hills to waterfalls
- Not responsible for damage to personal items brought on tour. Bring personal items at your own risk.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes for Moderate Hike
- Not recommended for children aged 2 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Rene and Cevi were wonderful tour guides. Super informative and very generous. Saw monkeys, lizards, crocodiles and many bird species on the raft. Not the time of year for sloths which is why I got this but it was still great nonetheless. The waterfall was breathtakingly awesome.