Naples Shore Excursion: Naples City and Pompeii Half Day Sightseeing Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Duomo di Napoli, Via Duomo 149, 80138, Naples Italy
First stop at the cathedral to visit its treasure chapel and S.Restituta basilica
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Posillipo, Naples Italy
Go on to Posillipo area and stop on S. Antonio church terrace to get the best view of the city and the bay
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza del Plebiscito, Naples Italy
Return into the city center in Plebiscite square to see the front of the Royal Palace, the beautiful church of St.Francesco di Paola in its neoclassic style, Umberto I gallery and San Carlo theatre
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pompeii - Archaeological Area., Porta Marina Superiore (Via Villa dei Misteri) Piazza Immacolata, Piazza Porta Marina inf., 80045 Pompeii Italy
Drive to Pompeii where the tour guide will show the most fascinating places like The Forum, Thermal Baths and “Lupanare” burnt by volcanic ashes and lapilli during the eruption in 79 A.D
Duration: 2 hours
- Port pickup and drop off
- Transport by shared air-conditioned minibus
- Professional guide in Naples and Pompeii
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly in Pompeii
- Entrance Ticket to Pompeii Archaeological Site (15 euros)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii - Archaeological Area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The tour guide was knowledgable but the group was too large at almost 40 people. It would've like the option to visit the museum since that is where the artifacts are kept.
This was a shared shore excursion. We started in a van of about 11 people (as we toured Naples) and then ended in a mini bus with about 20 people (as we toured Pompeii). The guide we had the entire day was amazing. Her English was perfect and she was very knowledgeable. The only trouble we had was in finding our driver upon disembarking from our ship in the morning. Our Disney ship was at one port but our ticket said to meet the driver at the main port. So we walked 1/2 mile to the main port and after waiting about 30 minutes, we received a phone call from the driver who said he was at the port where our ship had docked! He then drove to where we were waiting and all was well (thank goodness my sister in law had international cell service). It would have been much easier if instead of our ticket specifying which port to meet in, it simply said "in front of your ship".
Very good and educational trip. Great guide. Highly recommended!!
We're quickly learning that working with Viator is about as easy as it gets. The van was waiting for us when we were among the first dozen off the ship. This trip was the most complicated of the three we booked. We had a group of seven and the van seated a dozen. We picked up two more at the ship and another two en route. Getting out of the port is brutal. Too many vehicles and too little space...the disadvantage of a downtown port. We made a couple of fairly quick stops before the short drive to Pompeii. Our guide handed us off to another group of about 30, and the guide was excellent. Had excellent stories and her English was excellent. Did we mention it was HOT. Not sure if the natives died from the volcano or the heat. Be prepared. At the end of the tour we were instructed to go with others to a large bus which took us back to port. Not a problem but not what we thought we had purchased. We will definitely work with Viator again. Thanks.
Elise was a wonderful guide! We appreciated her knowledge very much! We were met by the driver who took us to the first stop, a beautiful church, where we met our guide. Her English was excellent. She's a very intelligent person and had loads of information. She led us through Pompeii like a pro and we learned so much. If you are traveling with kids or teens, this 1/2 day tour is perfect!
bit rushed through Naples, huge tour group in Pompeii
The tour was well organised our guide very informative and knowledgeable. The bus driver was very careful amongst erratic traffic. Pompeii was a huge place with lots of walking at times on uneven ground, wear flat comfortable shoes sunscreen and hat, take water. Toilets and washrooms were very crowded, had to line up, very inadequate for the amount of visitors. Pompeii was very thought provoking about how the people and animals lost their lives in such a devastating event, in a very advanced civilisation. Our guide told many interesting stories, and we would recommend a visit to this site. Naples is a very cosmopolitan crowded city lovely food and good coffee.