Poseidon Outer Great Barrier Reef Snorkeling and Diving Cruise from Port Douglas
This cruise suits experienced divers and beginners alike, whether you’re a certified diver or you just want to go snorkeling. If you’re a diver, you can take up to three dives into the Great Barrier Reef’s coral gardens. You have your choice of diving from the mooring site, doing a drift drive back to the vessel or taking an excursion to less easily accessed sites depending on the conditions of the day.
If you’d prefer to stay on top of the water, go snorkeling in sheltered lagoons with breathtaking drop-offs. Learn about the Great Barrier Reef’s fragile ecosystem during a reef interpretation talk, and then take a guided snorkel tour for an informed look at the reef’s tropical fish and coral.
Poseidon has been specially designed to enhance your snorkeling and diving adventure with a lowering transom for easier access to the water, an air-conditioned saloon and open deck areas for relaxing on the reef. You’ll also have plenty of chances to hydrate and re-fuel with an included morning tea, afternoon tea and buffet lunch with prawns.
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Reef interpretation talk
- Environmental Management Charge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hotels in the Port Douglas area only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises
- Drinks (available for purchase on board)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside the Port Douglas area
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please bring towel, swimmers, sunscreen and hat
- Minimum age for diving is 12 years
- Scuba Diving guidelines for 'flying': If only one dive is undertaken then a minimum of 12 hours is recommended before flying (to an altitude of 300 metres or greater). If doing multiple dives, an interval of 24 hours is recommended
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
I had a great trip with my 11 year old daughter. The snorkeling with Hayley the marine biologist was the highlight.
Nice trip but in my opinion too expensive for what you get, especially since they additionally charge for photos and diving
This was an amazing experience and was top of my bucket list!! Crew were excellent - great safety training. Kept eyes on us at all times. Whilst I am a snorkeller - i am usually is calm water. the currents here came in three directions. I was pulled over the reef by one of the crew into a current that would bring me back over the reef so I was able to swim with it whilst exploring the reef. Reef was not as bright as hoped as it wasn't sunny - but I saw many species of brightly coloured fish - too many shapes and patterns of reef to describe and on a second guided swim - on which I was basically towed -my best sighting was a bright blue starfish wriggling around on a reef!! The lunch was excellent and I was able to buy a glass of vino as we headed back- to celebrate the tick on my bucket list and the most amazing experience ever!! totally must be done- I'd love to do it again!!
Port Douglas was our last Barrier Reef stop on our cruise ship. I can honestly say that this was the best shore excursion we took. Crew of the Poseidon were excellent and very professional. They wanted to make sure that everyone had a safe and great time. We went on three snorkel trips and each got better as we went along. As I tell everyone, I found Nemo!. Literally saw a family swimming in the reef. Equipment, food and all services were above par. An amazing overall experience and I highly recommend to anyone traveling to Port Douglas in Australia.
Oh, I guess I forgot to review this tour last year. But it was fabulous. We were worried, having heard about the continuing bleaching event. There's no shortage of things to worry about where climate change is concerned, but at least as of August, 2016, it was still very cool to go snorkeling on the outer reef.
This tour was great! The boat ride and snorkeling were very waving and current was fairly strong but we manage to see a lot of the reef locations. We many fish, beautiful coral, and a reef shark that swam away as soon as it saw us. We enjoyed this tour but the conditions were prefect.