Akaroa Shore Excursion: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City Tour and Jet Boat on Waimak River
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Akaroa Village Inn, 81 Beach Rd, Akaroa 7520, New Zealand
First you will be collected at the park at the end of Akaroa Wharf (opposite the Akaroa Village Inn) at 10.30am and driven through the village of Akaroa and the Banks Peninsula with stunning views of rolling hills, lakes and coastlines before arriving in Christchurch.
Stop At: Christchurch Botanic Gardens, Rolleston Ave, Christchurch New Zealand
After boarding our coaches from the Akaroa Port, we'll take you through to the Christchurch Botanic Gardens & Christchurch Museum via the scenic Banks Peninsula. Explore on your own for 30 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Cathedral Square, Christchurch New Zealand
Depart the Botanical Gardens for a brief Christchurch City tour highlighting city landmarks and the rebuild of city centre after the 2011 Earthquake.
Stop At: Alpine Jet Thrills Limited - Braided Shallows, Hamilton Quay Kaiapoi, Christchurch 7691, New Zealand
Enjoy an exhilarating Jet boat ride, “The Braided Blast”, on the snow-fed Waimakariri River in the shallow river flats. Speed and spin in waters that is sometimes only centimetres deep.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Banks Peninsula, Christchurch-Akaroa Road, Christchurch 75810 New Zealand
Travel back to Akaroa via the Banks Peninsula to board your cruise ship.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Jet-boat ride
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Life-vests and splash-proof jackets provided on jet-boat
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that activity times and schedules can be slightly amended depending on your cruise ships timetable.
- The minimum age for jet-boating is two years of age.
- Most travelers can participate
We were picked up in Akaroa for our trip to Christchurch. Our guide was very informative and we had a great time on the river. We can highly recommend this trip
Beautiful scenery!! The city tour was great. The jet boat ride amazing a professional jet boat race driver!!
We took a large bus to get from Akaroa to Christchurch and after switching drivers in Christchurch, it just wasn't fun anymore. The woman wasn't chatty and was more into taking us back to the ship on time. The jet boat experience was fun tho, as we sped through the river, experiencing several donuts along the way.
we had a very informative guide and the boat ride was great
Enjoyed this thoroughly. The jet boat experience was very enjoyable and we were the only boat on the river. The Banks Peninsula and Christchurch city tour were very informative and interesting. Woudl recommend this tour.