Sunrise wildlife sea kayaking in Akaroa marine reserve
You will paddle through the reserve while your guide points out places of interest and any wildlife activity that they discover.
You will engage with nature and beautiful serenity of sea kayaking during the most peaceful time of the day before the tour boats are on the water. Your guide will provide an on water snack while sharing stories about this special marine reserve . Through out the Safari the massive scale of landscape will amaze you, and it is a once in a lifetime experience paddling through an extinct sea flooded volcano basin which is inhabited by endangered mammals. You will have the change to have close encounters with hector dolphins, white flippered penguins, NZ fur seals and Orca if you lucky!
Your guide can answer any questions that you may have.Your kayaking adventure comes to an end when you land back onto the beach you left a few hours before. You will feel inspired, relaxed, rejuvenated, and fulfilled about what you have seen and experienced.You will also have the opportunity to take home photos of your day
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- On water photographs
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum age 10 years
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Great day kayaking. There was a bit of instruction to start with. We had never worn spray skirts while kayaking before. Had hoped for single person kayaks, but we accepted the tandem ones and enjoyed the day. Finally saw some Hector dolphins toward the end of the day. Got lucky with the weather and had very little wind. Tour guide Graviel sp? was very knowledgeable.