Private Sunset Charter on a Vintage Lobster Boat
We will depart Portland Harbor and pass by Bug Light, Fort Gorges, Spring Point Ledge Light, and Fort Scammel as we make our way toward Portland Head Light. Your guide will point out these and other interesting sights as well as any wildlife we encounter. If you wish, you can bring aboard food or beverages, and your guide will be happy to assist in serving. MONHEGAN is stocked with glassware, plates, and utensils. We provide a cooler with ice and bottled water on all charters. Alcohol may be responsibly consumed by our guests of legal age.
From Portland Head Light, your captain will navigate through some of the islands of Casco Bay. You will watch Maine's rocky, tree-lined coast slip by as you relax on our deck chairs. MONHEGAN is a very stable vessel, and she is outfitted with a retractable weather cover so your comfort aboard is assured.
As the sun gets low and bathes Casco Bay in golden light, your captain will round Great Diamond Island and turn into the setting sun for the final leg of your cruise. You will be treated to views of Portland's skyline silhouetted by the setting sun. Throughout the cruise, guests will find ample opportunities for photos. Can you imagine a more perfect finish to your day in Maine?
- A licensed captain and deckhand will ensure your safety and enjoyment on the water
- Bottled water
- Cooler and ice
- Plates, silverware, and basic serving utensils for a meal, picnic, or hors d'oeuvres
- Mugs, beer glasses, wine glasses, and corkscrew
- MONHEGAN is equipped with an environmentally friendly composting toilet
- We encourage our guests to bring their own food and drinks to enjoy aboard. We are happy to assist in serving. Alcohol may be responsibly consumed by our passengers of legal age.
- Parking in the Old Port is not included (free parking is available at our dock in South Portland)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Charters are priced per boat for up to 6 passengers. Select 1 adult at checkout to provide primary traveler information for your party.
- Children are welcome, but minors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
I booked this trip online after reading reviews. I was still apprehensive because one never knows. I am going to tell you - STOP WORRYING about this personal tour! The rebuilt boat is spotless and beautiful. The bench is comfortable and could seat 3-4. Folding chairs are perfectly comfortable for the tour. We brought snacks with us but were too excited by the beauty around us to eat. We asked many questions of our guide that were easily answered. It was a cloudy evening, so try as we might, the sunset didn't cooperate, but other spectacular sights did. The private tour was more than I hoped it would be for our family. The guide and the captain were personable and intuitive. They wanted us to enjoy our evening out. We walked away that evening with a better sense of thr islands, wildlife, and waters around Portland. Do not hesitate to take this quiet tour and make it what YOU want!