Small-Group Evening Food and Drink Experience of Poznan
So we will do as the local’s do and stop in this foodie hub at a local restaurant to try a seasonal soup appetizer. This is not just any restaurant, however; this one has serious social responsibility credentials as it supports homeless local people and recovering addicts as they work to rebuild their lives.
After whetting our appetites with a liquid starter and giving something back to the local community, it’s time to explore more of the city as we take a stroll past the Jordan Bridge to admire glorious views of the skyline. Then, we’ll continue on through Cathedral Island to the nearest tram stop. As we travel, your guide will talk a little about the history of the city.
Our next stop, the art nouveau Jeżyce district, is home to alluring architecture and local hipsters. Here we’ll fill our stomachs at a small, local restaurant with some beer-friendly food and a drink (of your choice but craft beer is highly recommended).
A walk around the attractive streets of Jeżyce will take us to our next destination, a craft beer joint offering a whole host of beers for your drinking pleasure. Other drinks are available.
Then we’re off to admire the delights of the Old Town at dusk, via public transport, and get to grips with its flourishing craft beer culture. We’ll pass by the Old Market Square and soak up its charming evening ambience, learning a little of its storied past as we proceed to our final beer tasting of the night, at a popular spot for local beer lovers and tourists alike.
Your tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see and do during your stay in Poznań.
- Local, English-speaking guide
- One appetiser (soup + tap water)
- One craft beer
- Two drinks of your choice and one main course in a local restaurant
- Plus one beverage of your choice
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Poznan Urban Adventures
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Children are very welcome on this tour but please keep in mind that beer/alcohol is very much a central theme and soft drink choices can be limited. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- We can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us at the time of the booking if you have any dietary requests.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
We've taken a lot of food tours in Europe, and this was one of the best if not the best. Our guide Alina was delightful and full on commentary on Posnan. She took us to some wonderful food and drink. We started with a choice of 3 soups (I had duck blood soup - sounds awful but was delicious) in the east part of the city, and then took a tram to the western part for an excellent main course. One got to choose from the menu with Alina's comments and recommendations. I had port cheeks with sauerkraut and potatoes that were unlike any I've had before. Polish food is quite advanced with modern variations on traditional meals. My wife had pork chop (really a type of snitzel, which she normally doesn't care for) that she found surprisingly delicious. After that it was high end bar hopping - beers, vodka, even a flaming Absynt. A nearly 5 hour tour. If you're in Posnan, you have to take this tour. Or go to Posnan just for the tour.