Kutna Hora Private Day Trip from Prague by Train
Your first stop will be the formerly biggest Cistercian abbey in Central Europe with the stunning Gothic and Baroque Gothic Cathedral of the Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. Just few steps from the cathedral lies the Cemetery Church of All Saint with the Ossuary. Learn why and how the Ossuary was created and see the amazing art pieces made of human bones. Sedlec Ossuary is a place where human bones are the one and only decoration.
After a short bus ride to the city center of Kutna Hora, your guide will show you the Italian Court, a former Royal mint of Czech kingdom and residence of the Czech kings. Enjoy a lunch break at a delicious Czech restaurant (at your own expense) and take the opportunity to explore the life of silver miners in a museum dedicated to the silver miners. Experience a fascinating journey through a real medieval silver mine in a typical silver miner dress with a white coat, helmet and a flashlight.
Your last stop take you to the symbol of pride of Kutná Hora’s burghers. See the amazing Gothic cathedral of St. Barbara with original medieval frescoes on the walls. Enjoy a relaxing train ride back to Prague with your guide and end of your journey at Prague's main train station.
- Professional guide
- Prague Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - The Cathedral of Assumption
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child and infant rates only apply when booked with 2 paying adults
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to Silver Mines Museum opening hours, the Italian Court Interiors (including the royal rooms of Czech kings) will be visited instead on Mondays and from December to March
- Visit of Silver Mines is not recommended for participants with claustrophobia or overweight. In those cases, Silver Mines Museum can be replaced with Italian Court Interior excursion
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour uses the train, public buses in Kutná Hora, and shoe leather to see the local sights in this old, formerly very wealthy town. Our guide was Honza (Jack) and he was organized, charming and knowledgeable, seeming to be able to answer any question we had about the sights we were seeing or about Czech history and culture. He also paid attention to us, such that he was able to clue us in to some places he thought we would enjoy in Prague. We wish all the guides we tourists encountered were as good.
I enjoyed my trip to Prague, but unfortunately for us we got the time wrong with the time difference and met up with guys in the square for the pink hop on hop off bus smile. He completely ripped us off as he noticed my cash and at this point I was unsure of the chez currency. It is tour guides like this which turn your holiday into a nightmare and you do not recover from it. The trip to Kutenai Hora was excellent.
Our guide, Honda, was highly knowledgeable, engaging, interesting and great to be with. All of our excursion was planned and guided, making it very easy to experience and enjoy the sites.