Johannesburg, Soweto and Apartheid Museum Guided Day Tour
Sail through Johannesburg suburbs, meandering through different roads all built in the apartheid era with a glimpse of South Africa traffic on the motorway past Johannesburg City where you will get to see the tall buildings of Johannesburg city famously known as City of Gold. As you continue to your destination, you get to pass through a few mines that show evidence of Johannesburg being a City of Gold. As you approach Soweto township, you get a different feeling due to the a different City Plan, and yes you will have arrived in South West Town A.K.A Soweto.
You'll then dig into the two museums, namely Hector Peterson famous for its 1976 youth uprising, which shook the then Apartheid government to its core. You'll also get to see Mandela house, which has been also turned into a museum and after you head to Apartheid Museum to know actually what was happening during apartheid. Wind down the tour by passing through Nelson Mandela bridge constructed in honour of the late Icon.
Conclude your tour and go back to your hotel.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Apartheid Museum
- Entry/Admission - Hector Pieterson Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic condition
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
This tour was a fantastic way to see the top sights of Johannesburg if you have a limited amount of time in the city, if you aren't sure what to see, or if you want to get a good overview of the city. The Apartheid Museum was amazing- historic, informative, moving, powerful. Visiting Nelson and Winnie Mandela's house was great- that from so humble a home could rise such strength and leadership.
This was by far the best tour ever! Our guide Lambert was the absolute best. He was very informative and patient with our group. I would recommend this tour to anyone. We saw a lot of interesting things. It was a real eye opener. Best tour ever.
Amazing tour! John Mashala our tour guide was very knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly he was awesome! He gave us so many details and was very good. Thanks John for making our trip so memorable!