The Chocolate Route and Comalcalco Archaelogical Site Tour
In Comalcalco you will visit Hacienda Jesús María’s or Hacienda La Luz cacao farm. Here you will see and participate in the harvest, cleaning and drying of the cacao seeds; you will learn how the plants of Creole cacao are grafted and will take a workshop where you will learn the recipe for making traditional chocolate and other chocolate-based dishes. In the Hacienda there is a store where you will be able to choose from a wide selection of products all made from Creole Cacao and fruits grown in the Hacienda. for approximately 3 hours.
After your visit, relax on the trip back to your hotel.
- Round-trip transportation,
- A visit to the archaeological zone of Comalcalco,
- A tour around a cocoa farm (Hacienda la Luz or Jesus Maria)
- Travel insurance.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Comalcalco
- Entry/Admission - Zona arqueologica de Comalcalco
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
THE TOUR IS TOTALLY MISREPRESENTED 1. The tour was scheduled for Monday. Late Sunday afternoon the agency called to tell us we had to take the tour Tuesday since the hacienda shop was not open on Monday. Since there is a sign in front stating they are only open Tuesday through Sunday, why did they originally confirm our reservation for Monday? We had other plans on Tuesday that we had to cancel. It would appear that this agency has never sent anyone to any chocolate hacienda or they would have known this. 2. When the agency called since I speak fluent Spanish I asked whether we would have a guide this time since we did not have a guide . She assured me that we would have a certified guide. We only had a driver who had never been to the Comalcalco archeological site and admitted that he only did adventure tours. He stated that the problem was that the agency was closed for vacation 3. Bad enough that we did not have a guide all day as was stated in the description, the driver arrived a 7:45 am. However the voucher stated 8:30 am so we had to miss breakfast at the hotel Which was included with our room. The agency never advised us about a time change 4. We never received any chocolate recipes. There was no workshop where we will learn the recipe for making traditional chocolate and other chocolate based dishes. Your description states we would be at the haciendo for approximately 3 hours--broad exaggeration 5. the tour is not a full day tour.