Marietas Islands: Snorkel Cruise from Puerto Vallarta
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nuevo Vallarta Beach, Nuevo Vallarta 63735 Mexico
This adventure can begin at Vallarta Adventures Office in Nuevo Vallarta. When departing from Nuevo Vallarta, you'll cruise by the Nuevo Vallarta Beach.
Pass By: Bay of Banderas, Puerto Vallarta Mexico
The cruise along Banderas Bay from Puerto Vallarta to Marietas Islands is about an hour and 20 minutes
Stop At: Marietas Islands, Mexico
Enjoy snorkeling, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding around the Marieta Islands National Park
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Majahuitas Beach, Majahuitas Mexico
Visit an exclusive tropical paradise in the south of Puerto Vallarta
Duration: 45 minutes
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- Open Bar
- Use of snorkel and kayak equipment
- Stand-up Paddle Boarding
- Entry/Admission - Majahuitas Beach
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Scuba Diving (additional fees)
- NTSC or PAL format videos (additional fees)
- Natural reserve federal tax ($90 Mexican Pesos)
- If departing from Muelle de Cruceros Puerto Vallarta, please keep in mind there is a 28 Mexican peso per-person harbour fee that needs to be covered in cash
- Entry/Admission - Marietas Islands
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring a bathing suit, shorts, a sun hat, sunscreen and a towel
- IMPORTANT: Passengers arriving on a cruise ship cannot book this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- An additional $90-peso conservation fee per person will be collected at check-in. A portion of the proceeds go toward local surveillance and conservation of the islands
- Due to federal regulations, and in an effort to protect the flight path of endemic birds, drones are prohibited in this tour
We had a great time with an outstanding crew on Boat #1. Pablo was an excellent tour guide and the rest of the crew couldn’t be better.
This trip was a lot of fun. We had a nice time snorkeling around the Marrietas islands and seeing the birds and natural beauty. The crew was super helpful and fun. The food on board was good and plentiful, and the open bar was a nice feature. We enjoyed the time at the private beach also. We highly recommend this tour.
It was a beautiful day, if a bit chilly. The water was quite cold, and fortunately my husband and I brought our dive suits so we were fine. They tour line offered dive suits for those that wanted them, which was nice. Water was murky but we knew this since I had dived in Mexico before, so not much to see in terms of fish, etc. The tour required us to wear flotation devices, and weren't happy if we took them off, so no free diving unfortunately, not that we would have seen much. Was fun, though.
My first time in Puerto Vallarta and my first time doing an activity like this and I must say, from someone will really high standards for things, this was fun and my friends and I had a blast. The trip took roughly 5-6 hours but that gave us plenty of time to enjoy the activities at hand and enjoy every moment. Especially, being on the boat with the crew members, who were awesome and very friendly. I came to like them and my friends and I enjoyed their company. Take advantage of this. Make friends out in the sun, on a boat making memories, that is what this trip is about. The best part, in my opinion, is the boat ride itself and just enjoying the company of friends, crew, and strangers. Enjoy it because when I come back, I'll be doing it again. Know for the private beach you have to swim to the beach which is fun and literally a 20-second swim. Really close Also, the beach sand is very rough on the feet at water level but regular once out of the water Know for snorkeling, the water isn't crystal clear but not too hazy were you can't see anything
This is a tough review to write. First the staff service on board was very good but the weather was less than cooperative thus 1/3 of the people on board were VERY sea sick. The first stop was for snorkeling which was unorganized compared to other snorkeling tours I have been on. The guide jumped in the water and didn't wait for everyone. The water was very rough so you needed a guide to show you the areas otherwise your really would not see much. I didn't see anything and just bobbed around out in the ocean until I got tired and could barely make it back tot he boat. There was no kayaking or other water activities. The lunch was quite good considering on board. The one great thing was that we did get to see whales on our way back. Originally I thought, and so did others who booked the tour, that we would be swimming at the hidden beach at the time I booked this that was the photo that was displayed for the tour. Do not be fooled. You will not see the hidden beach or even hear a story about the hidden beach much to our disappointment. Seeing as many whales as we did on the way back made up for this but we were really excited to see the hidden beach apparently you need to book this 1 month in advance. Also, our tour was nowhere near 7 hours. So unfortunately mother nature made this tour experience not that great for us so the best I can give is a 3.