Full-Day Whale Watching Cruise from Quebec
The choice of transportation in the water is yours – the AML Grand Fleuve is a large, three-level boat with a glassed-in main deck, observation platform, covered upper deck, a bistro and a bar; the zodiac is a small, open-air boat that holds either 24 or 60 passengers (depending on the boat) and allows you to zip through the water to enjoy super-close access to the whales and other marine life. Opt for the AML Grand Fleuve for a more leisurely experience on the water, or choose the zodiac for an exciting high-adrenaline adventure!
Both vessels depart from the north shore of the St Lawrence for an exciting encounter with whales, seals and belugas! Discover the many faces of the St Lawrence River, including the Saguenay–St Lawrence Marine Park, a lighthouse, fascinating islands and an amazing diversity of marine life.
Aboard the AML Grand Fleuve a naturalist-guide will share illuminating facts during your whale-watching journey, while on the zodiac your captain will provide live commentary on your search for whales. This is an extraordinary rendezvous with the nature of eastern Canada!
Please note: The minimum age to board the zodiac is 6 years. Pregnant women or people with back problems are not permitted on this cruise. Also, please note that tour includes pickup and drop-off from 25 different hotels, B&B's, inns, and motels in Quebec City. This excludes home addresses.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- 3-hour whale-watching cruise
- Certified naturalist-captain
- Pick up and drop-off from 25 different hotels, B&B's, inns, and motels different locations in Quebec City
- Food and drink
- Pickup and drop-off from home addresses / private residences / Air B&Bs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Please enter precise hotel name and address. If not, meeting point will be 9h00 at Place d'Armes, in front of Fairmont Château Frontenac Hotel
- Meals are not included. Passengers on the AML Grand Fleuve cruise may purchase food on board; passengers on the zodiac cruise are recommended to bring a lunch or snacks
- Please dress warmly, as it can be quite cold on the river. An insulated jacket, hat, gloves and closed-toes shoes are highly recommended
- Minimum age is 6 years for the zodiac boat
Excellent driver provided information along the route about the area and the whales. The whale watching was well organised and informative. We saw three different types of whales and the skipper made every effort to get as close as possible. There are no formal eating areas at the site so it is best to bring food for the day. The driver does stop at a dairy where you can buy some sandwhiches, cheese and preserves to make your own but options are limited.
Although it was a long day, it was enjoyable. We were fortunate with the weather and it wasn't to rough. We did manage to see a mother whale with her baby, plus several belugas and a seal same along side the boat. We were picked up at our hotel by our coach driver Yves, who was excellent and very informative. Would definitely recommend.
Absolutely perfect from beginning to the end!! And thanks to our excellent driver Yves for all the information and the fun not only in the bus, but also on site! Would rate this A