The Lord of the Rings Tour
Journey into the heart of Middle Earth and visit the cinescapes from Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. Choose from morning or afternoon tours of the Glenorchy or Wakatipu Basin, both of which feature a variety of landscapes from the movies. A 4WD vehicle will pick you up from your Queenstown accommodation and then you’ll begin your off-road adventure to iconic LOTR locations such as Isengard, the 12 mile Delta, the Misty Mountains, the Pillars of the Kings, and more! Adventurers on the Wakatipu Basin tour will also have the chance to visit an old mining town to try their hand at gold panning. There will also be a tea break during the tours so you can get out and enjoy the scenery while having a snack. Your driver will also provide commentary on many of the locations and will drop you back off at your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Visit J. R. R. Tolkien’s magical realms from Lord of the Rings movies on this half day tour of many of the filming locations from the epic trilogies
- Journey there and back again in a 4x4 all terrain vehicle that will take you off-road through the landscapes of Middle Earth, including glacial lakes, ancient forests, and soaring mountain peaks
- Stop and enjoy the vistas while taking a tea break during the tours
- Relax and enjoy the journey, our 4WD tour will provide roundtrip transfers to and from your local accommodation
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email