Cotopaxi National Park Hiking and Biking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cotopaxi National Park, Ecuador
07:00 Leave from Magic Bean restaurant (Mariscal Foch and Juan León Mera).
8:00 Breakfast at Chaupi community
09:00 Transfer to Cotopaxi National Park.
10:30 Arrive at the parking lot at 4600 m and start of the hike
11:15 Arrive at Refuge at 4800 m
Hot drinks optional (not included)
12:00 Arrive at Glacier at 5000 m (if weather and guide allows it)
14:00 Start of mountain-biking downhill from the parking lot
14:50 Arrive at Limpiopungo lake viewpoint
15:45 Lunch at Chaupi community
18:00 Arrive at Quito
Duration: 6 hours
- Professional and bilingual guide
- Bike (optional)
- Transportation from/to Quito's meeting point
- Entry/Admission - Cotopaxi National Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tour operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances
- Important: For the use of bicycles, you will be kindly asked to sign a document that you accept responsibility of the good use of the bicycle and you will be asked to let an identity document that will be given back after the tour. Thank you for your comprehension.
- Necessary equipment: Warm clothing (including a change of clothes). Gloves, Scarf, Hat. Sunglasses. Water. Hiking shoes/boots. Camera. Snacks. Sun cream. Cotton pants, Waterproof jacket
If it's cloudy you can't really see anything. The hike was nice, shorter than I thought it would be. The bike ride was exhilarating. A little scary. Also the bikes were in a little bit of rough condition, which made it rather difficult when it came time to go uphill.