Daily departures: Small Groups Mindo Cloud Forest Day Trip from Quito
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Pahuma Orchid Reserve, Quito Ecuador
The El Pahuma Orchid Reserve is a 650 hectare (approx. 1,500 acre) protected cloud forest located only one hour from Quito. The reserve is home to over 300 species of orchids, the Spectacled Bear (Tremarctos ornatus), the Plate-billed Mountain Toucan (Andigena laminirostris), and other spectacular montane forest species.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alambi Reserve, Quito, Ecuador
Alambi is a family home-style guesthouse set in 250 hectares (625 acres) of mostly primary cloud forest at the foot of the Tandayapa Valley, famed among world birders.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mindo Nambillo Cloud Forest Reserve, Mindo Ecuador
Mindo, Ecuador is set in a valley surrounded by the Andes Mountains. The rivers and elevation combine to create a lush cloud forest more than 100 square miles in size. The landscape and climate in Mindo are ideal for the more than 450 different types of birds, numerous species of exotic butterflies, and a variety of animals and reptiles who call the cloud forest home.
Duration: 3 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from/to hotels in Quito
- Transport by private transportation
- Professional certified English / Spanish speaking guide
- Entrance fee to the waterfalls waterfalls
- Entrance fee to Alambi Hummingbirds Santuary
- Entry/Admission - El Pahuma Orchid Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Alambi Reserve
- Optional activities (Canopy USD$20, Bird watching with a expert bird guide US$60) UPON REQUEST
- Hotel pickup and drop off outside of the city has an extra charge
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply only in small group departures. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Bird watching tour: Please send us a request for early departure in a private tour with minimun two passengers
The trip was great, it covered many places in Mindo and had good options for extra activities. We paid extra for a family bicycle activity and a chocolate factory tour. The guide and driver were very friendly and helpful. The paid extra attention and care to our young children.
Just a 2 hour drive out of Quito, this trip is well worth the effort. Our day in Mindo included zip lining and a visit to a butterfly garden, a hummingbird garden and a chocolate producing site. The drive to Mindo itself is stunning as the road snakes through the forest. Anna-Maria our guide was fab.
Guide was very nice and personable, and van was comfortable. But that's the end of the positives. I booked late the day before, and was told the 95/pp was all that was available. Agreed, paid for it, and gave them the place we were staying in North Quito for pick-up. Got an email late Friday night saying it would cost an additional 20/pp for the pick-up. Since there was no cancellation possible I had to pay it. On the tour, we stopped at the middle of the world monument Which is part of the 95 tour... for 5 minutes. The guide said it wasn't part of this tour. We stopped for 10 minutes at the hummingbird place The admission price was the only fee included, then onto Mindo. They dropped us and another guest off for zip lining a lot of fun, but it was a separate charge at lunch time, so we had to wait. They picked us up afterwards and we stopped for lunch. Then 15 minutes of walking around Mindo before leaving. That was it. HUGELY overpriced 220 for 100 worth of Uber, and I really didn't appreciate the extortion on the additional charge. I would recommend avoiding Viator AT ALL COSTS!!!!
The Cloud Forest is beautiful from the hummingbirds to tasting organic rainforest coffee and street food - on the way there to a hike to a waterfall and gondola ride over the rainforest to an Ecuadorian lunch and tour of the cacao farm. Brownies so yummy! The guide was informative and fun!
PIck up and drop off was great. Drive was good and views were great. The stop at the hummingbird sanctu8ary was great. The hike down the forest was exhausting. The rest was just ok. The description of tour said it included the Middle of the World, but the guide did not mention going there. When I asked, he said we could stop, but only for a picture. We did not get to go inside or really see anything. Disappointed in that. We had to go back later by taxi to see the Middle of the World. The Middle of the World was the best part and they left it out of the Tour. Very disappointed. My advice, take a taxi to Middle of the World for 45 round trip and spend 4 - 5 hours there. Skip the tour.
avoid the butterfly farm. Spent 150 on food and chocolate at the chocolate factory and still had to pay 10 for the tour. Doesn't make sense.
Daniel was a phenomenal tour guide! We had a great time on this day trip to Mindo Cloud Forest. We were given tons of options for activities-- the hummingbird garden, chocolate tour, and zipline were my favorite parts. Mindo is beautiful and I would highly recommend this tour!