Mindo Shared Day Trip from Quito
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mindo Nambillo Cloud Forest Reserve, Mindo Ecuador
Mindo is a mountain area, located on the western side of the Ecuadorian Andes. Here, two of the most bio-diverse eco regions in the world meet: the Chocoan Lowlands and the Tropical Andes. This tour is recommended for all types of adventurous travelers. We offer a shared tour for Mindo every Friday. The group size ranges from 1 to 15 people. The transportation will be in a comfortable van and you will be traveling with an English speaking guide. The activities are not included and you decide together with your guide and the rest of the group which activities you will be doing that day.
Duration: 11 hours
- Professional driver/ guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- Meals as described in the itinerary (1x lunch)
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- All expenses for activities
- Taxi in Mindo ($ 3,50)
- Extra food and drinks
- Optional tips for the guide
- Entry/Admission - Mindo Nambillo Cloud Forest Reserve
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Which activities will be done and in which order, depends on the group and has to be discussed with the tour guide.
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing, a rain jacket, just in case, good walking shoes, swimsuit and towel, water, sun block, sunglasses and passport.
- If you would like to change activities or restaurants please let us know, the tours are completely customizable.
- Insurance is mandatory including personal medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is mandatory that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
Basically a zip line tour in the mountains. You do get a chance to jump from a fairly high ledge into a narrow river. Bring a swim suit.
The stop for breakfast should be noted in the itinerary. Seeing the butterflies and hummingbirds was special but they were not in their natural environments. The additional costs for entrances, activities and travel by pickup truck inside the forest should be set out before booking. Did not stop again after Mindo to watch wildlife but instead went to a chocolate factory which was interesting.