Small Group Half Day Tour to Mitad del Mundo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Avenida Manuel Cordova Galarza KM. 13/5, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
La Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world) is one of the most popular places to visit in Ecuador. The attraction, which highlights the location of the Equator line, has a monument where tourists and locals can take pictures while standing in two hemispheres at once!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
A few hundred meters north of the entrance to the main Mitad del Mundo complex, this amusing museum has meandering outdoor exhibits of astronomical geography and explanations of the importance of Ecuador’s geographical location.The real reason to come, of course, is for the water and energy demonstrations, but you’ll have to decide for yourself if it’s just a smoke-and-mirrors funhouse.
Duration: 2 hours
- All activities
- Certified English/Spanish speaking guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Inti Ñan Museum and Mitad del Mundo Complex
- Entry/Admission - Mitad Del Mundo
- Entry/Admission - Intinan Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up/drop off outside of the city
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Hotels pick up/drop off outside of the city has extra charge
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This trip was excellent. Great guide great photo opportunities. Fun to be on the equator. We were happy to gave the same guide the next day
This was a very good tour! Oscar, Our guide, was very knowledgeable and pleasant. If there was a choice this would be closer to 4.5. We stopped at Pululahua Geobotanical reserve, which is very interesting. We learned much about Ecuador at the Intinan Solar museum. The only downside was that we were told to be ready at 8 AM via an email and it was 9 AM before we were picked up. There seemed there seemed to be some confusion, but otherwise it was a great trip!
Our guide, Gabriel, was wonderful. He was personable, informative, and adapted to our requests. We loved visiting the volcano, Mitad del Mundo, and the real equator. A marvelous 1/2 day!
I had such a great day on this tour. The driver who's name I've embarrassingly forgotten was flexible and allowed us to spend more time at the locations that interested us the most. He was friendly and welcoming. The tour at the Intiñan Museum was in-depth and so much more interesting than just a visit to 'a line'. I'd recommend this tour to anyone heading to Quito!
A lovely afternoon, perfect if you have time before a late night flight. Guide was excellent, on time, a unique experience
Wonderful trip..our guide Natalia spoke perfect English..she was very knowledgeable about the Equator and Ecuador..having a personal tour allowed us to be educated on this country...well worth the money....
Dante, our guide was extremely knowledgeable, patient, and professional. Could not have been better. The tour was awesome. The museum is really extraordinary. Our museum guide moved us through one after another experience to show the uniqueness of being at the center point of the equator. Altogether an unforgettable excursion.