Otavalo Cayambe Equator Cuicocha Full-Day Cultural Trip
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Quitsato, Panamericana, Cayambe 170202 Ecuador
Quitsato Solar Museum (entrance $ 2). Visit to the Cayambe bizcochos (local biscuits) factory (Own expenses).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
Beautiful view point of Otavalo city and visit to a small hats factory. Exploring Otavalo Market
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Laguna Cuicocha, Cotacachi 100450 Ecuador
Cuicocha crater lake. Then, lunch and visit Cotacachi leather town.
Duration: 3 hours
- Professional guide/driver
- Transportation from and to Quito’s meeting point.
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
- Extra food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All expenses for activities
- Optional tips for the guide
- Entry/Admission - Quitsato
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Meeting point:
- in La Mariscal (new town) area: the bus leaves at 7:00am from the corner of Juan Leon Mera and Mariscal Foch (in front of the Magic Bean restaurant). Please be there at 6:50am.
- in the Historical centre (old town) area: the bus leaves at 7:20am from Cafe Jumandi (Caldas street E1-83 and Rios street, diagonal of the San Blas church). Please be there at 7:10am.
- Please let us know which meeting point you take so we can communicate that to the guide and don’t be late because the bus won’t wait for you.
- Arrival and departure information of international flights
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness. It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
I would have liked to spend a little time at the Midad del Mundo monument as well, at least for a short time.
It was a great time, Francisco and Patricio with Eco-Tour Ecuador were very welcoming and knowledgeable. They shared a great deal history and culture, plus the market was entertaining. Tip: bring cash and prepare for a long day.
We had an absolutely wonderful time! Omar was an amazing guide with an extensive knowledge on the culture and history of Ecuador. There was not a single dull moment between Omar's amazing commentary and the beautiful scenery. Every stop we made was so full of history, this was without a doubt a great way to take in a lot of the natural beauty Ecuador has to offer. Make sure to take cash for snacks ans crafts as it is a long day full of sightseeing and traveling. Recommend this tour 100
Another great tour! We were lucky that the day was Clear and could see most of he volcanoes on our way to cayambe. The bizcochos we tried were delicious and the Otavalo market offered an array of options for buying Ecuadorian handicrafts. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip.
It's a trip to a tourist market. It is beautiful countryside, though.
This tour was phenomenal. Omar was great and extremely informative
Omar was an excellent guide-very funny and very knowledgable.