Small Groups or Private Tour Otavalo Indigenous Market Excursion from Quito
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
The Otavalo Market, which makes this market town famous, is undoubtedly one of the most important and spectacular markets in all of Latin America. The Otavalo market is attractive to visitors for both its outstanding shopping and its cultural significance. Local people use market day much the way their ancestors did during Ecuador’s pre-Colombian history. The Otavalo market is a fascinating way to experience traditional Ecuadorian culture and the traditions of the Andes.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cuicocha Lake, Laguna Cuicocha Ecuador
It is a 3 km (2 mi) wide caldera and crater lake at the foot of Cotacachi Volcano in the Cordillera Occidental of the Ecuadorian Andes. Its name comes from the Kichwa indigenous language and means "Lago del Cuy" or Guinea Pig Laguna in English. It was given this name due to the guinea pig shape of the largest Island in the middle of the laguna. These animals play a significant part in the everyday life of Ecuadorians
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascada de Peguche, Via a Peguche, Peguche, Otavalo 100451 Ecuador
Located in Peguche community, just 5 minutes northwest of the town of Otavalo. Peguche Waterfall is a beautiful waterfall of 18 m in height, formed by the river of the same name, which starts at Lake San Pablo. The waterfall is one of the most important tourist attractions of Otavalo. Because of its proximity and easy access, several tourists and visitors come to the sector to meet and enjoy a unique landscape.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Lunch (if option selected) in Cotacachi Village
- Bizcochos (typical local cookies)
- Certified English speaking guide / driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Activities described in the program
- Entry/Admission - Cuicocha Lake
- Entry/Admission - Cascada de Peguche
- Drinks (available to purchase)
- Lunch (if not selected)
- Hotel pick up / drop off hotels outside of Quito
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Lunch (if not selected) we will recommend good options
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The tour was too basic with limited explanation on the tour. The guide was ok but lack enthusiasm to showcase the market and the travel.
The maket was really nice, we bought some nice souvenirs.
A great private tour with Alfonso. Very knowledgeable spoke great English. Took us to the flower market, Panama hat shop and for Bischocos. Fantastic included lunch, paid extra to get Cuy, don’t be afraid it’s GOOD! Very happy with tour, guild went above and beyond. Great indigenous market place too.
This trip is well worth the cost.Marco is a wonderful guide.