Full-Day Otavalo Market, Cuicocha & Cotacachi from Quito with Hotel Pick-Up
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza De Los Ponchos Mercado, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
Get a local tour guide to show you the REAL ecuadorian products in the Otavalo market and tell you the significance of this place in the indigenous culture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fabrica de Bizcochos de Don Pedro., Bolivar y J.Montalvo, Cayambe 170202 Ecuador
Authentic Ecuadorian buiscuits and cheese in a leaf are awaiting for you in Cayambe, where we will make a stop for you to see how they are made and have a taste yourself.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Laguna Cuicocha, Cotacachi 100450 Ecuador
Enjoy the view of this lake inside a crater and hike to the top of its surroundings or get in the boat to feel like you're inside (at an additional cost)!
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Bucket Pass, Quito Find us inside KAIA Hotel's Lobby, Quito 170150 Ecuador
This tour is sold by Bucket Pass, showing you the best things to do in each city!
- Bus Tour
- Bilingual Guide
- Mini Lunch Box
- Visit to Mirador del Lago San Pablo
- Visit the Otavalo Market
- Boat trip to the Laguna de Cuicocha
- Visit the waterfall Peguche
- Workshop Tour Ñanda Mañachi (If time allows)
- Entry/Admission - Laguna Cuicocha
- Personal expenses, shopping purchases
- Details not specified in the program
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you need special assistance or have seating preferences, please contact us AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
- For this tour, meet at pick up place at least 15 minutes before appointed pickup time.
- Bring umbrella or rain jacket in case of rain
- Do not forget to bring camera with enough memory and battery recharged, warm clothing, comfortable shoes and extra money for shopping in the market
- BOARDING STOPS
- 08:15 AM: Galeria Ecuador (Reina Victoria)
- Note: Times are subject to change based on road conditions; however, if the transport arrives before the leaving time, it will wait until that time.
- 09:00 / Start Tour
- 11:30 / Lookout at San Pablo Lake
- 12:00 / Otavalo's Indigenous Market
- 14:15 / Cotacachi and Free Time for Lunch
- 16:00 / Cuicocha Lagoon
- 18:30 / Arrive in Quito
- Your hotel in Quito (Between Hilton Colon & Wyndham Garden, no hotels in the Historic Center)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
This was a jam packed tour that included many of the must see attractions in the vicinity of Quito. The bus was quality and comfortable and the day went quickly. Be prepared to haggle with the vendors at the market-- It is expected. But please - ask people if it is OK to take their pictures! The solar middle of the earth stop was very interesting with a new slant on how we interpret directions. The market was enormous- a good place to try some different fruits and food,. The ride on the boat in the crater of an active volcano was also very interesting. And you even get to see how the real Panama hats are made. A very inclusive and well organized tour.
The first stop is at the equator solar clock! If you are a science geek like myself, this is the best part of the trip. You learn a little astronomy and such... The Otavalo market was nice, however a lot of shops sell the same things. Definitely learn to bargain here! I don't think I saw the leather market though, or may be I just missed it. At the market, you can see that the women are still dressed in their traditional clothes, which was cool. I enjoyed trying traditional street food there. It was very good!