Private Full-Day Trip to Otavalo and Its Surroundings from Quito
There will be a short stop here to get to know more about the local culture. Passing through Cayambe you can see the amazing snow-capped volcano (5,790m.), the world's highest point crossed by the Equator Line. This small town is also famous for its salt biscuits with "leaf cheese" and "manjar".
You can make a stop here to try this delicacy, before continuing to the Imbabura province, named after the Imbabura Volcano. Here you we head to the largest lake in Ecuador, the San Pablo. Afterwards you will enter Otavalo City that holds an Indian Market every day, the biggest are on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This market is an ancient tradition and cultural exchange site among the Otavalo community. Furthermore, you will visit the peaceful Cotacachi Village, famous for its leather, and meet the local craftsmen.
Finally, after a visit to the charming Cuicocha Crater Lake you will head back to Quito in the late afternoon.
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Lunch (on request)
- Tips (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Things to bring: Sun block, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, sun glasses
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Excellent trip. Good guide. Well worth doing. Thanks
Aside from the already established spots in our itinerary, Fernando, our guide, took into consideration our personal needs such as my wife's motion sickness and my need to take that Instagram worthy picture. Fernando was also quick to think of alternative routes while still visiting each stop in our itinerary keeping in mind that this is a holiday weekend in Ecuador. Recommended!
Our guide,Fernando was great. He is very friendly and knowledgeable. We really enjoyed the day . We appreciate his flexibility to make our tour memorable for us.