Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour Including a Chocolate Factory Visit from Quito
Following an explanation of the local ecology from your guide, explore the area's lush vegetation and look for Mindo's famous wildlife and bird species including dozens of types of hummingbirds. Lunch is available in the small town of Mindo (not included) and visits to a local chocolate factory and a butterfly sanctuary complete the day before returning to your hotel in Quito.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- English speaking guide
- Entry/Admission - Mindo Cloud Forest Day Tours
- Activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable walking shoes, sun block, insect repellent, raincoat (or umbrella), camera, and sunglasses are recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Daniel did an excellent job taking us up to Mindo. The drive was beautiful. We saw the humming birds, butterflies, the Chocolate Factory and walked up to the waterfall. We also took the cable ride up to the top and got rained on but it gave a beautiful view of the area. It was a very nice day.
Our guide was fantastic! However, the road trip from Quito is really a little more than 2 hours each way, not 1.5. The chocolate tour is great, but we really didn't do too much that was centered around the forest. We could have done a canopy tour or something. Instead we went to a butterfly house that was nice, but I wouldn't consider that a garden. We had lunch in town at a place the guide recommended The Chef and it was good. The chocolate tour was also nice. The bird stop was a little odd, but they did get to see some pretty birds. All in all, everyone really enjoyed the day, just a long drive. We arrived at the airport about 1.5 hours later than expected.