Mitad del Mundo Tour and Quito´s Teleférico
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Avenida Manuel Cordova Galarza KM. 13/5, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
La Mitad del Mundo (the middle of the world) is one of the most popular places to visit in Ecuador. The attraction, which highlights the location of the Equator line, has a monument where tourists and locals can take pictures while standing in two hemispheres at once!
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
A few hundred meters north of the entrance to the main Mitad del Mundo complex, this amusing museum has meandering outdoor exhibits of astronomical geography and explanations of the importance of Ecuador’s geographical location.The real reason to come, of course, is for the water and energy demonstrations, but you’ll have to decide for yourself if it’s just a smoke-and-mirrors funhouse.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Teleferico Quito, Quito 170150 Ecuador
For spectacular views over Quito’s mountainous landscape, hop aboard this sky tram, one of the world's highest aerial lifts, that takes passengers on a 2.5km ride (10 minutes) up the flanks of Volcán Pichincha to the top of Cruz Loma.
Duration: 1 hour
- Transport by private vehicle
- All activities
- Certified English / Spanish speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Inti Ñan Museum entrance fee
- Teleferico entrace fee
- Entry/Admission - Intinan Museum
- Entry/Admission - Teleferico Quito
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Entry/Admission - Mitad Del Mundo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Hotels centrally located in Quito are included. Outside of the city, pick up/drop off has extra $30 charge
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
We went on a day trip with our guide, Diego in April 2019. Although the weather was a bit rainy that day, we enjoyed the experience greatly. Diego was very well informed in history, culture and nature. He explained everything very well in both English and Spanish. The time spent at the different sites was sufficient to get a good impression. I recommend this 100%
Our guide, Diana, was great. Her English was great. She told us so much about the city and made sure we had a great time. Also, we couldn't thank her enough for going out of her way to help us make arrangements to get to the airport the next day. Bravo.