Full Day Quito City Tour Including Teleférico and Mitad del Mundo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fundacion Iglesia de la Compania, Garcia Moreno N 10-43, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Its decoration based on strokes Muslims, and altars covered with gold leaf and fruit shapes, birds and carved faces, make this unique architectural gem American Baroque. Has enormous religious significance because his altar lie the remains of St. Marion of Jesus, protector of the capital
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: San Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco), Plaza San Francisco, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Iglesia y Monasterio de San Francisco), commonly known as el San Francisco, is a 16th-century Roman Catholic complex in Quito, Ecuador. It fronts onto its namesake Plaza de San Francisco.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de la Independencia (Plaza Grande), Gabriel Garcia Moreno Entre Chile y Espejo, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Plaza Grande is the principal and central public square of Quito, Ecuador. This is the central square of the city and one of the symbols of the executive power of the nation. Its main feature is the monument to the independence heroes of August 10, 1809
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Avenida Manuel Cordova Galarza KM. 13/5, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
Stop to take pictures and explanation about the complex´s history and importance
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
.You will have a chance to participate in several experiments on Intiñan Museum (such as watching water go down a drain in a different direction only inches away from either side of the equator, or balancing an egg on a nail, or using an ancient sun dial, etc…)
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Plaza de Santa Domingo, Jose Valenti Domingo Espinar, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Briefly stop to take pictures and know more about history and architecture
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Basilica del Voto Nacional, Carchi 122 y Venezuela., Quito 170150 Ecuador
Briefly stop to take pictures and whole explanation about its history and architecture
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Teleferico Quito, Quito 170150 Ecuador
Have a spectacular view of the city when day is clear and sunny.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Calle La Ronda, Juan de Dios Morales, Quito 170150 Ecuador
This is a narrow cobblestone street very famous among locals because it appears in many paintings and it was the craddle of several famous poems and songs.
Duration: 30 minutes
- All activities as described in the program
- Certified English/Spanish speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- La Compañia Church, Inti Ñan Museum and Teleferico admission fee
- Entry/Admission - Fundacion Iglesia de la Compania
- Entry/Admission - Intinan Museum
- Entry/Admission - Teleferico Quito
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees unless specified
- Entry/Admission - San Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco)
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de la Independencia (Plaza Grande)
- Entry/Admission - Mitad Del Mundo
- Entry/Admission - Basilica del Voto Nacional
- Entry/Admission - Calle La Ronda
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather conditions vary, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per departure is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
the tour guide did not present himself well in terms of what he wore. Even though he seems knowledgeable of the subject, but his explanation was very quick as if he wanted to finish the tour quickly.
The Quito city tour was fun and informative! I saw so much in one day. It was a great way to learn about the uniqueness of Quito. Oscar was knowledgeable, personable, and tireless guide!
Diego was great. Super informative and rolled with changes due to teleferique closure. Took us to great insider sites too.
Tour guide was great, and super knowledgeable.
We had a private tour with Alfonso who was very nice and spoke great English. The Equator and cable car to the top of the mountain were great, very fun but took up most of the day. Didn’t get to see much of Old Town. I must not have tipped good enough the day before as he seemed to loose interest today.
My tour guide Alfonso was so knowledgeable about the city of Quito. He was patience and flexible as well. Took us to a great restaurant for lunch and really gave us a great feeling about the city of Quito. I will return for sure.
Gabriel spoke excellent English and provided a thorough historical tour of Quito. From our visit to the Middle of the Earth to the depths of the city and beautiful churches and monuments, to the authentic lunch, our private group of 5 enjoyed this full day of getting to know Quito! Cindy B.