Quito Old Town Tour with Gondola Ride and Visit to the Equator
Next, travel by car to the Teleferico, the highest gondola in South America. Because Quito has an impressive area of 201 square miles (324 sq km), this is the best way to view the capital city. A ride up the mountain only takes about 10-15 minutes and the entrance fee is included.
Lastly, travel a short distance and see what gave the country its name. Because Ecuador directly translates to “the Republic of the Equator,” a trip to the middle of the world is a must. Snap photos in front of the large monument, visit the Ethnography Museum, and stand on the equatorial line. The guide will drive you back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Transport by minivan or compact (medium) car (depending on pax number)
- Local driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - San Francisco Church (Iglesia de San Francisco)
- Entry/Admission - Mitad Del Mundo
- Entry/Admission - Basilica del Voto Nacional
- Entry/Admission - Teleferico Quito
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 18 years
This was a terrific tour and our guide Juan was excellent. He was very friendly, and knowledgeable. We went to a fantastic seafood restaurant for lunch and since it just my husband and myself on the tour we bought Juan lunch, which he never acknowledged. The only negative in an otherwise great day.
Our guide Juan was terrific, the tour was very well organised, interesting, and very comprehensive.
The tour company never showed up. We spent the day simply walking around. Very disappointed on this one.
Do it your self specially if you are staying in downtown Quito.
This was a fantastic tour. Our tour guide, Dario Morales, was awesome. We had my 74 year old father with us and he was very sensitive, going very slowly and talking right to him. The Gondola ride was great, we were blessed with clear, awesome weather! It is a great tour to introduce you to the city.