Ravenna and its Enchanting Mosaics Full-day Tour
The magnificence of this period has left Ravenna with a great heritage of historical buildings and a unique collection of early Christian mosaics and monuments. 7 of the 8 Unesco World Heritage Sites of Ravenna province are located in the city of Ravenna and they were all built and decorated in the 5th and 6th centuries showing great artistic skill, including a wonderful blend of Graeco-Roman tradition, Christian iconography and oriental and Western styles. Explore Ravenna, the city where Dante chose his last refuge, Boccaccio set a beautiful novel, Lord Byron lived his longest relationship, Gustav Klimt drew obvious inspiration, Hermann Hesse wrote some verses and Oscar Wilde was inspired, whoever sees Ravenna falls in love with it today just as it happened in the past.
The tour includes the following sites:
• Church of S. Vitale: with rich and vividly-coloured mosaics
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia: breathtaking interior of the 5th century
• Baptistry of Neon: famed for its astonishing roof mosaic
• Dante's tomb
• Basilica of San Francisco: and its submerged mosaics
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo: old private chapel of King Theodoric
• Arian Baptistry built by Theodoric
• The church of Saint John the evangelist and the old mosaic floors
• A walk in the city centre thro Piazza del Popolo
Being a full-day tour please inform the guide on the visiting day if you want to stop for a light lunch with typical products or short stops for ice cream and/or cappuccino with pastry and/or a sandwich, this is to better organize the tour according to your preferences.
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Entrance fees (All tickets to be paid on the spot)
- From June 16th to February 28th: Combo-ticket (except for the Theodoric's mausoleum which is not included), €9.50/each.
- From March 1st to June 15th: Combo-ticket for all listed monuments €10.50/each
- Ticket for the Arians' baptistry €1.00/each
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is not suitable for people with disabilities or walking problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- From Oct. to March. all sites close at 5 pm
- From April to Sept. all sites cose at 7 pm
- FOR CRUISE GUESTS: ask at your cruise help desk if shuttle bus service from Porto Corsini pier to Ravenna city centre is available and if this service is offered by your cruise line. In case this service is not available a one-way taxi ride costs around € 25
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Manuela is an amazing guide and very friendly. Attended to all of my special requests and provided a delightful day in Ravenna and Classe. Thanks!
Tour by yourself, take lots of photos, have a gelato ... no. Find a group tour ... maybe. But if you really want to have the best experience, take a private individualized tour with a professional guide. Manuela is passionate and knowledgeable.There is no better way to experience the history and architecture of Ravenna. You won't be disappointed ... book your Ravenna tour with Manuela.
Our tour guide was awesome and was able to make all the sites available to us in a very organized fashion. I would have her guide for us again, if only we knew how to contact her again!