Crystal Ice Cave Tour from Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon
You will be picked up from the tour‘s starting point, Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and from there, driven to the edge of the glacier where we will gear up and get ready for the ice caving. Once inside the crystal ice cave, accompanied by your guide you will explore everything that the cave has to offer before heading back to Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
Please note that ice caves are an ever-changing natural phenomenon and, therefore, very unpredictable. We will visit one ice cave during this tour and the choice of which cave will be visited is based on current conditions and safety.
- Professional guide
- Return transportation from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon to the ice cave
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transportation to/from Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- It is very important to be properly dressed for this tour with layers for staying warm. Bring with you waterproof clothing, hat, gloves and good hiking shoes. We recommend that you bring with you a water bottle and food/snacks.
- There is no guaranty that our group will be alone in the cave, as the same cave is used by more tour operators.
- From 15th of December to 15th of January daylight in Iceland is limited. We would like to make it very clear that during this time our 14:30 and 15:45 departures will take place as darkness falls, and you will be visiting the Crystal Ice Cave in the dark. The advantages to visiting the ice cave at this time include a less crowded experience and of course, beautiful blue ice photographic opportunities! We also provide powerful head torches allowing you to light your way safely to, from and inside the ice cave.
- Please note that ice caves are an ever changing natural phenomenon and, therefore, unpredictable. We will visit one ice cave during the tour and the choice of a cave is based on conditions and safety.
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
NOT AT ALL OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!! it was a group of 4 people, and the guide couldnt even give the 2 of us attention. Was just busy guiding and touring 2 super ignorant and noisy tourists. Also, a total rip off in terms of what you see. Save your money, and dont buy this.
First off Viator gave us the wrong tour time and we were an hour and a half early. The ride to the cave was fabulous. Buddy our tour guide was knowledgeable but we literally walked into a small whole cramped with tons of other people, took pictures, and it was done. Not at all what we thought.