Glacier Snowmobiling and Ice Cave Tour from Reykjavik
Then, small groups of six or less will head out with a certified glacier guide to start the adventure.
After about a 30-minute snowmobile ride on the Langjokull glacier, you will then arrive at a natural ice cave. Snowmobiles will be left behind as you walk to the cave where you will have enough time to take in the surroundings.
After visiting the cave, head back to the base camp where you will then be taken back to your hotel accommodation in Reykjavik.
- Pick up from authorised Reykjavik pick up points
- 1-hour snowmobile ride with two persons sharing a snowmobile
- Snowmobile gear (includes: overall, a balaclava, gloves, and a helmet)
- Small-group experience
- Certified glacier guide
- Free wi-fi on board
- Food & drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Small group experience limited to one guide per 6 sleds.
- Minimum age: 8 years old (to be a participant at the back of the snowmobile)
- Not recommend women that are 3+ months pregnant
- Warm outdoor clothing and good hiking shoes are recommended
- Please note: You have to have a valid drivers license to operate a snowmobile
- Be aware that if you book odd numbers of participants you have to pay single rider supplement. If you do not choose it in the booking process you will be charged the extra fee on location
- Transportation vehicle is a super truck that includes air conditioning
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
DEFINATELY THE BEST DAY WE SPENT IN ICELAND!!!! WONDERFUL TOUR GUIDES, PERFECT AMOUNT OF TIME ON SNOWMOBILES, AMAZING SIGHTS TO SEE DOWN IN THE ICE CAVE SHOULD HAD BEEN SUPPLIES ICE KLEETS FOR BOOTS AND GEAR THAT KEPT ME VERY WARM!!! A DAY WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER AND A MUST DO FOR ANYONE GOING TO ICELAND!!!! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!
This trip was so much fun, the highlight of the entire week we spent in Iceland. All of our tours with Arctic Adventures were so smooth and lots of fun, pick up was easy, drop off was easy they were always right on time. For this tour our driver was a young guy, I wish I remembered his name, he had short blonde hair, no facial hair, he was a blast! We went off roading up the glacier then snowmobiling the rest of the way. Highly recommend this tour!
forever grateful we booked thru this company and our tour guide was very nice and so was our Mercedes van was very comfortable.
This tour was excellent! the tour guides were helpful and emphasized our safety as a priority. The cave was gorgeous and the snowmobile ride was perfect i.e. not too long, not too short given the cold weather conditions. Would definitely recommend this tour ::