Golden Circle and the Secret Lagoon from Reykjavik
From there you will see the world famous geysir where the ground trembles and steaming hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes. Your last stop is the dramatic Gullfoss Waterfall, which is a breathtaking sight to behold. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
The last stop on your tour, and the most relaxing stop, is the Secret Lagoon. In cold weather or warm weather, you can be sure that it is the perfect spot for relaxing in between sightseeing and enjoying Icelandic nature at it’s very best. Indeed, the geothermal hot water is a treat that Icelanders have been enjoying for generations! Around the Secret Lagoon you will find several hot spots. A walking path has been built so you can have a closer look at the boiling hot springs and a little geysir which erupts every 5 minutes.
All in all, it’s the perfect combination of activities.
- Local guide
- In Bus audio guide in 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Finnish)
- On board free WiFi
- USB charger available in every seat
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Swimsuit & Towel
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
- Hotel pickup is not included with your purchase. SmartBus™ hotel pickup is available at extra cost.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress according to weather: In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
- It is recommended that you bring your own headphones for the on board audio guide simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones or forgot to bring them, earphones are available to purchase on board (own expense)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Because of traffic limitations, customers staying in postcode 101 might have to make their way to the closest pick-up spot. Your hotel receptionist can help you find out which one that is. If you are staying in a private accommodation, please contact the local supplier
- Please note: pickup is not available from Airbnb or private housing. Please contact the operator for information information on the nearest pick up location to your accommodation
- Audio-guide languages available: English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
The tour company contacted us a day before the tour commenced to advise our tour was cancelled - no explanation was offered. Instead we were advised to contact them - the issue with this was that the provided phone number did not work. The cancellation email advised we could have a full refund or be booked on the same tour at 8am - we emailed to say we would take the 8am option but received no reply. We wasted so much time trying to contact them to no avail - in the end we went to the tourist info centre and explained the issue. Even the tourist info centre had difficulties contacting them, but eventually manged to reach them. By this time it was 5pm and we were very concerned as the tour was meant to go the next day. The tourist info centre spoke to them and said the original tour was cancelled due to an issue with the bus, but she clearly didn't believe this and told us that she thought they had cancelled our trip because of not enough customers and the excuse was very lame. So now to the tour itself - what a joke when we arrived at the national park at 8.45am it was pitch black, there was literally NOTHING to see as it is dark until 10am in Iceland in December. We were the only tour group there as obviously no reputable provider would take guests out this early. We were taken to a viewing platform with NOTHING to see and told this is a magnificent view were the colours of the lake meet - what a joke the guide was using a flashlight for us to follow him. It also became clear the later tour we originally booked had been cancelled due to lack of passengers as the bus was only a quarter full, so this was pure greed!!!! AVOID booking this unless you want to be stressed out, scammed and see nothing of the natural beauty of Iceland.
This tour was great and enjoyable! However, we weren’t warned about how slippery the walkboard at the waterfall was - I slipped and fell and bruised myself. I also think that we should have had some tea/coffee/ snacks provided since our tour was 10hr and there was only 1 food stop which was expensive.
I took the Golden Circle and Secret Lagoon with this company and it was truly the highlight of my visit to Iceland. The bus was new and comfortable and our guide was so funny and knowledgeable. In every seat there was also an informative audio guide available in many different languages. There was also a USB charger in every seat, which came in handy when my phone ran out of battery. We stopped in the national park where our guide went out of his way to show us a hidden historic place and then we made an extra stop for a homemade Icecream and to see the young calfs at a local farm. After I had the best ice cream in my life we went to see the geysers and then to the waterfall of Gullfoss. My highlight of this tour was definitely the bath in the Secret Lagoon. This tour operator arrives at the lagoon before the other tours so I almost had the lagoon for myself! I can't praise the lagoon enough it's is so unique. Just about when I came up from the lagoon another bus from the same company picked me up and drove me to Reykjavík. The guide on that bus was a young woman who helped me plan the rest of my stay and recommended bars and resturants in Reykjavík, which lived up to expectation. She also made an extra stop on the way back to pet icelandic wild horses, they are so cute! All in all this a great tour with a great company, both my guides and the drivers were super friendly and the sights are amazing. Would recommend to everyone!