Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik
The location visited during this tour vary day-to-day depending on the weather. Popular viewing spots are Thingvellir National Park, Hvalfjordur and the Reykjanes Peninsula. Northern Lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun and upper atmosphere near the North Pole. This results in pink, green, yellow and violet hues you can see dancing in the sky.
After chasing the Northern Lights and spending about 60 minutes at your location, the tour finishes with drop-off back at your accommodation.
Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed.
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed. Refunds are never made after tour completion.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our driver, Ingo was fantastic! It was a cloudy night so we did not think that we would see the lights, but the two drivers were expert at looking at the weather patterns and getting us to the right spot at the right time. The lights were incredible.