Snaefellsnes Peninsula Private
Moving along the south coast of the peninsula, it's time to make a stop at Arnarstapi. It is a humble fishing village that also used to serve as an important trading port in the past. In the summer months, you have the option take a short hike over to our next stop, the spectacular basalt rock formations at Hellnar.
Move on to the western coast of the peninsula where you find Djupalon Bay. It is a black pebble bay with a series of oddly shaped rocks protruding from the ocean. Here you can also test your strength - there are four big stones that were used to test fishermen.
The last stop of the day is Kirkjufell, a beautiful and symmetrical mountain that is also known as the Church Mountain. This free-standing mountain is very popular among photographers.
- Transport by private vehicle.
- Professional / Private guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Let us know if pick-up / drop-off location is outside of Reykjavik
- In Iceland all itineraries are designed to be flexible taking weather conditions into account.
- Subject to weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Bring warm clothes and your camera
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour was excellent and got a very nice young lady that pretty much personalized our tour. She was very knowledgeable and very pleasant. She took us to a very nice place to have lunch and the food was great! I highly recommend her for tours in Iceland!