South Coast Waterfalls and Glacier Small-Group Hiking Trip
Head next Solheimajokull glacier, where you'll take a hike on its blue-ice surface (weather permitting) for around 1.5-hours. Get up close and personal with this "sleeping ice giant." A bit further is the great Reynisfjara beach, where the sea crashes upon black sands and hexagonal basalt columns and rock stacks tower over the surroundings.
In one day, see two volcanoes and discover four amazing waterfalls. A perfect tour for the curious tourist and the inquisitive nature lover. You'll spend a minimum of 45 minutes at each stop to fully enjoy and experience these amazing attractions, both with the help of the guide and on your own, if you wish.
Please note: This tour takes up to 12 hours. Meals are not included but you will stop for a lunch break and for a coffee break in the afternoon.
IMPORTANT: The glacier hike may be cancelled due to weather and/or safety reasons. In that case, other activities will be put in its place when possible. Otherwise, a partial refund will be given.
Tour ends at approximately 9pm with drop-off at your hotel.
- Professional English-speaking driver/guide (guide will be with the group during all stops)
- Transport for the whole tour in a minibus
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 1.5-hour glacier hike
- All safety equipment
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Items you will need to bring include: warm, wind and waterproof clothes, camera, and good hiking shoes (necessary for the Glacier Hike)
- If you do not have appropriate footwear, a rental pair will be available
- Minimum age is 10 years
- The glacier hike may be cancelled due to weather or safety reasons. In that case, other activities will be substituted when possible. Otherwise, a partial refund will be given
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
What a wonderful tour. So many sights in one day and our tour guide (Stainer) was fantastic as well.
This trip is fantastic. It's long but totally worth every moment. You get to check so many things off your bucket list on one trip. We loved every moment. Our guide, Peter, was absolutely amazing. He made the experience even better for us, we didn't want to leave him! I would highly recommend this trip and this guide to anyone visiting Iceland who wants fun, adventure and a trip of a lifetime.
Excellent trip to walk and climb in teh glaciar, but it requires a good condition.
This is simply the best tour we've ever had in Iceland. Our driver and guide Valli treated us like close friends and was very helpful and enthusiastic. Definitely will book another trip with this company if we'd ever go to Iceland again.
Excellent trip, with some hidden off the tourist track gems in there. There were just 2 of us on the trip which meant we could take our time and stop as much as we wanted. Highly recommended.