Lindos and Rhodes Medieval Town Full-Day Tour with a Local Guide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Village of Lindos, Lindos Rhodes, Greece Greece
Whether you have a well-deserved 1-2 weeks holiday in Rhodes or you stop on the island for a day-visit during your cruise vacation, Lindos must be at the top of your “to see” list! Located approx. 50 kilometers (approx. 31 mi) from the City of Rhodes, the white village of Lindos lies at the foot of a 116m cliff and is surrounded by beautiful bays. The white houses are covering the entire foot of the cliff, while the Acropolis sits at the top! It is truly a postcard-like scenery!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Old Town of Rhodes, Rhodes Town 851 00 Greece
A World Heritage Monument of UNESCO with 2.500 years of history, it is the major monument of the Island. At almost 60 hectares, it is one of the largest medieval settlements in Europe and the Middle East. It boasts a unique amalgam of Byzantine, Gothic, and Ottoman monuments, erected through the centuries by the inhabitants of the island. Massive fortifications, hospitals, churches, palaces, and embassies still stand and are open to visitors. The “Street of the Knights” is a fascinating sight, which transports visitors of the town back in time.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off at Ialyssos, Ixia, and Rhodes Town
- Licensed local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned 30-seater coach
- All local taxes
- Admission fees to archaeological sites and museums, including optional entrance to Lindos Acropolis (approx. 12 euros)
- Food and drinks (travelers may want to purchase lunch in Lindos or Rhodes Town, or buy snacks from the food kiosks at all the major sights)
- Additional activities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A moderate amount of walking is involved in Lindos and Rhodes Old Town
- Both towns have uneven surfaces, so they are not recommended for those with walking disabilities or wheelchair users
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
From start to finish a fantastic day out. Our guide Mariana was brilliant very knowledgeable. No question was left unanswered. Georgiou our driver was very good as well. Excellent value for money.
Great experience. Picked up directly from the hotel, on time in a very comfortable, modern vehicle. During the drive to Lindos, our guide gave a running commentary on all areas of interest. The short stop at Savvos Ceramics did not have the feeling of being pressured into buying as has been experienced on other tourist attractions on other tours which in itself was refreshing. During the stops at Lindos and Rhodes Old Town, the balance of guided and free time was well managed.
A great day, very comfortable bus, the guide was very pleasant and had a great knowledge of the island and the two towns we visited. Plenty of time to look about.
Great trip along the coast to Lindos and back to Rhodes Town, very knowledgeable guide passionate about her subject. Need to be able bodied to fully enjoy trip as Lindos part is not fully accessible.