Best of Riga Walking Tour - Highlights and Hidden Gems
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Art Nouveau Riga, Strelnieku iela 9, Riga 1010 Latvia
We will start our tour with the remarkable Art-Nouveau district - a real treasure for those who enjoy beauty of the architecture. Here you can find stunning buildings, great restaurants, beautiful parks and see a real life of Rigans. Our lovely guide will walk you through city center and explain you more about the meaning of symbols hidden behind the beautiful facades, and introduce you with some of the most remarkable Art-Nouveau masterpieces.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Old City Riga (Vecriga), Kungu Iela 3 Riga, Riga 1050 Latvia
After a short break we will set for the Old Riga where you will be able to learn more about the fascinating history of the city and see all the most beautiful landmarks including Three Brothers, House of Blackheads, St. Peters' Church and many others. Here you will hear interesting stories about famous Rigans, fate of the beautiful, centuries old buildings, and more about Latvian culture which is one of the oldest living cultures in Europe.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Central Market (Centraltirgus), Negu iela 7, Riga 1050 Latvia
We will finish the tour with walk and trying typical local food in Riga Central Market, also UNESCO Heritage site and the largest food market in Europe. Here you will be able to try 4-6 samples of traditional foods, meet some of the local producers and after the tour do some shopping in the most authentic shopping place in Riga.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Local and professional guide
- Small-group tour (maximum 10 participants)
- Hotel/port pickup (for private tours / from hotels or port within the walking distance of Old Town)
- Food and drinks in Riga Central Market (2-5 EUR)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable as a shore excursion in Riga.
- The walking distance for this tour is approximately 8 km, it is 4 hours long and includes walking on cobble-stoned streets. Before you book this experience please make sure that you are capable of doing this tour without causing danger to your health or wellbeing. If you have walking difficulties or a stroller, please inform us about that before the tour. In this case we also sincerely suggest you to book a private tour option that can also be shortened according to your preferences.
- There is a a break in the middle of the tour for refreshments and wc.
- Minimum numbers apply (for public tours). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the rare event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- We do not allow groups of more than 5 to join our public tours. If your group is 6 or more, please book a private tour option.
- For private tours we offer pick up from a centrally located place within a walking distance (20 min.) of Riga Old Town. Private tour option can be altered according to your preferred walking distance and tour length.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, take umbrella (if it rains), wear hat and gloves in freezing temperatures and wear comfortable shoes.
- In extreme weather (less than -15C, more than +30C, heavy rain or wind) the tour might be shortened or cancelled. In this case full refund will be arranged. Please note that such weather conditions in Riga are extremely rare.
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
One of the best tours we have done. Harry, our guide, was waiting for us and took us on a great 4 hour walking tour of Riga. His knowledge was first class and he was a pleasure to be with. Finished the tour in the local market with a gastronomic tasting session of local foods. Highly recommend.
First use of Viator. Booked 2 tours, both very good, not just cheaper but also better and more intimate than our cruise shore excursions. This tour was the best! This was partly due to Riga with its wonderful Art Nouveau buildings and positive vibe but mostly because the tour itinerary, max 10 participants, and the tour guide. Our guide was made for her job - personable, very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and diligent. Did a marvelous job bringing Riga to life. We messed up on the meeting location and she made sure by cell phone that we connected with the group. Very well done!
We did many walking tours on our Baltic Sea cruise destinations and this was one of our favorite. Our guide, Edite, was delightful. She was knowledgeable and understandable. It was a great tour.
This was a splendid introduction to Riga as the guide was so knowledgeable and enthusiastic! She was friendly yet professional at all times.
The guide introduced most of Riga's main attractions, leaving room for a more intimate introduction after the tour
We always do a walking tour of a new city to get the lie of the land. This one was particularly good and Edita was able to answer all our questions. We liked the personal touch and she was able to translate for us in the huge market where we wanted to try and buy specific things. An outstanding day.
Not sure if Liga is properly written, but she was an excellent partner in this adventure. She knew everything about Riga and also you could feel the passion and knowledge for all the raised questions. We covered and I can recommend to other invest in this tour!
Enjoyed the tour thoroughly. Unfortunately, we didn't get the guide's name. The tour took us through the old town and also the art nouveau district of the city. This tour is worth four hours. Highly recommended.
A great tour. We saw things in Riga that we would probably have missed. It was a perfect introduction for a short stay and we learned more about Riga in a few hours than we would have done our whole stay. Liga really knew the city and her eating recommendations were spot-on too!
Liga was a brilliant guide and she introduced us to the art, architecture , history and culture of Riga in such a delightful manner.
Edited was a great tour guide.
I had to book a tour for two people, as it was the minimum to book, but was only myself on the tour. I did not tip as a result as I had to pay twice as much being a solo traveler. The tour itself was good - went at my own pace and a saw a lot. It was a bit lengthy as I was there for a day only, but didn't want to rush it to the end.
There were just the two of us on the tour with our guide. She was extremely knowledgeable and answered all our questions about Riga, Latvia and their culture and history. I would recommend this tour to anyone that wanted to get the insiders view of the city.