Rio de Janeiro Bike Tour: Beaches, Lagoon, Botanical Garden and Sunset
First up, we'll head off from Copacabana, cruising along the majestic Ipanema Beach. Explore the streets, people-watch in one of the city’s most scenic locations, and learn how this neighbourhood has been inspiring artists for decades. Then, leave the beach behind as you cycle through the picturesque Allah’s Garden, towards the massive Rodrigo de Freitas Lagoon, known simply to locals as the ‘lagoa.’
We'll stop by the lagoon’s entertainment area to enjoy a refreshing coconut water break and soak up the atmosphere of this popular spot. Once you're refreshed, we'll cycle over to the botanical gardens, where you can jump off your bike to enjoy a walking tour. Admire the stunning imperial palms, learn more about the garden’s history, and admire the vast orchid collection in the greenhouse.
Then, jump back on your bike and cycle through the bohemian Baixo Gavea, returning to the seaside as we explore Leblon Beach. You'll get a photo-worthy moment when we admire the great beach view from Leblon’s lookout point.
We'll cruise along the coast a bit more, passing by Ipanema Beach before reaching Arpoador Beach, where you’ll understand why the sunset is so special here. Finally, we'll ride back through Girl from Ipanema Park to reach Copacabana once again, where your Rio bike tour comes to an end.
- Professional guide
- Use of all necessary equipment (bike, helmet)
- Entry/Admission - Ipanema Beach
- Entry/Admission - Leblon Beach
- Entry/Admission - Rodrigo de Freitas Lake
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: it is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes, walking shoes, sunscreen and bring bottled water
- Travellers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Maximum of 12 people per group/tour
- This tour burns about 1,500 calories (we love a good workout!), so be sure to have a proper meal before you come.
This tour was amazing!
Great way to see the city and get some exercise. The tour is run by 2 local chaps who were relaxed and friendly and made us feel very welcome, and we're more than happy to take photos of the 2 of us...even when cycling! Definitely do this tour!!