Roanoke Downtown Food and Cultural Tour
During and between tastings, you’ll enjoy a glimpse into “The Magic City’s” untamed and wide open early days and how this impacted our local food scene and culture. You’ll learn how the local food scene is repeating historical patterns. And you’ll witness the city’s latest boom. An enthusiastic local guide will share their knowledge and recommendations of architectural gems, local lore, legend, exciting local attractions, and restaurants.
Roanoke is rich in colorful history, culture, and one-of-a-kind culinary treats. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, you’ll never view Roanoke the same again.
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years (valid ID is required)
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
The tour was terrific ! Becky was a fountain of local knowledge and he food was great. It was an excellent way to get to know Roanoke.
Enjoyed it. Good food and good information. I had never been to Roanoke VA and knew very little about the city or area. After the tour I am looking forward to coming back. I didn't take pictures but my friend did and I am sure she will post them.
Debbie was wonderful. She gave gave us a lot of information on each place we went into for food sampling and history on Roanoke. We are going back to Roanoke.....a wonderful city.
We had a FABULOUS time learning about the City of Roanoke, it's current renaissance, and restaurant jewels throughout the city! And, most importantly, our tour guide was wonderful!