Castel Sant'Angelo National Museum Ticket in Rome
Built around 123 A.D. as a tomb for Emperor Hadrian and his family, Castel Sant'Angelo has had an atypical destiny. While all the other Roman monuments were swept away, reduced to ruins, or used as “quarries” to be recycled into new, modern buildings, Castel Sant'Angelo – through an uninterrupted series of developments and transformations that seem to slip into each other with seamlessly continuity – accompanies almost two thousand years of the fate and history of Rome.
Its proximity to Saint Peter's Basilica, plus its strategic position at the north entrance of the city and its closed and imposing body, made Castel Sant'Angelo center of political interests
- Visit to the museum
- temporary exhibition
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- You must print and present Weekend in Italy confirmation voucher in order to redeem your tickets at the moment of the visit.
- INFORMATION about access for visitors with limited mobility and disabilities: Access restricted to a partial use of outdoor spaces. The halls of the exhibitions are not accessible to people with mobility problems
We did this tour on our own with out a guide.
Getting early tickets was a plus. Avoiding lines. The self touring guide was great. We were able to download the app to the museum and tour at our own pace. We recommend everyone to but tickets online and just enjoy a day of exploring. More than the history books you grew up on.
A great site to visit in Rome. Excellent views of the Tiber River, St. Peters, and the Roman skyline.
We signed on for this largely to avoid lineups. But the entry was timed for 9 a.m., when the museum opened, and there really were few people waiting to get in as the doors opened. So the more expensive ticket here was not necessary. Note, however, this was early November, so things may be different at other times in the year. Which said, the museum itself is well worth the visit and there are great views around the city from the roof. There's a very good App walking guide for smart phones, which you can download free on site using the museum's wifi.
Great Place to visit!
This tour was amazing!