Evening Underground Colosseum Tour with Prosecco
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Explore Italy Tours, Via del Colosseo 24, 00184 Rome Italy
Meeting point and check in in the office.
You will begin your tour at our office a stone's throw from the Colosseum in Rome. Before the tour begins you can take some beautiful photos as the lights flicker on illuminating the Colosseum and surrounding areas. You will start with a glass of Prosecco than the guide will walk you around the Colosseum and Ancient Rome.
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there is a regularly long ticket line at the Colosseum. By joining this Evening Underground Colosseum Tour with Prosecco, you will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Via del Colosseo Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Rome Italy
The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, you will start with a glass of Prosecco then onto a guided walking introduction to the Colosseum & Ancient Rome with a professional guide.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
After the introduction, you will head inside the Colosseum and visit the Arena floor, Underground, with the first and second level.
You will pass the security system of the Colosseum entrance.
You will be provided with 'skip the line' entrance tickets
Inside you will meet the second guide for the internal tour part.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. This tour gives you access also to the Colosseum arena with a beautiful view over the underground level. You will also visit the underground chambers and hear stories of gladiators and wild animals that were kept there. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Explore Italy Tours
- Entry/Admission - Largo Gaetana Agnesi
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Palatine Hill & Roman Forum access
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please provide an active phone number during the booking process in order to be contacted about last minute changing
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 minutes prior to your tour departure time. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- The minimum age to take part is 7 years old & children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Near public transportation
- Large bags and suitcases are not permitted inside the attraction; do not bring these with you as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
Start off with prosecco then walk to the Colosseum around the corner. One guide spends an hour outside the building, educating all about the Forum and surrounding area, as well as how the Colosseum was built. Then you're handed off to a second guide who takes you inside the depths of the Colosseum at night. Its lit (not very well, but the trade off in ambiance means you have to tread carefully). Bring comfortable shoes - stairs are pitched and slippery. Pay attention and hold on to the rails. Do that and you will enjoy this gem of a tour!
Tour started 45 mins late and we had kids so booked the time for reason. The tour was 2 parts and each was good but much of the info was duplicate so would have been better to have different info discussed and make it more interesting/engaging
This was meant to be a 40 minute tour outside the colosseum followed by a tour inside. Our tour was delayed, initially first being told our guide was sick. We were shown around the outside of the colosseum with another Tour group, and just told to wait around for our entrance time into the colosseum. I had booked an 8pm tour which and was meant to be inside by 9pm. Instead it was nearly 9:35 before we got in, by which point it was too dark to take any photos. We were put onto an official tour for the inside of the colosseum and found out that others had just paid €24 from the official website. This was €70 more to get a cheap glass of Prosecco and a 5 minute tour outside the colosseum. It was so badly organized and tbh feels like a scam. The operator probably purchased the €24 ticket from the colosseum and wacked on an extortionate amount and dressed it up with a glass of proscecco. When I complained to viator- they didn’t do anything about it. I have never felt so scammed in my life! Do not fall for this!
Really enjoyed this tour. Extremely knowledgeable and passionate tour guides.Small numbers, and well spread out so that you get to really experience the Collesum in the cool and beauty of the twilight. Would highly recommend.
While the e-mails from the tour operator indicated that you were to appear 15 minutes before the start of the tour at 9 p.m., when we checked in at this time, the staff member said we were late by 45 minutes. He indicated we were to be there an hour before. Our exchange with him was very poor. We were then shuffled between 3 different tour guides. Great content, poor tour management.
I totally recommend this attraction. Both guides was great and visit this type of monuments without the crowd you can enjoy all the pleace and teach also take wonderful pics !
Very wonderful experience. Missed the crowds and the heat. Our guide was knowledgeable and informative. Would I choose Viator again? Definitely
Good way to avoid the crowds and see the underside of the Colosseum