Early Morning Colosseum and Ancient Rome Small Group Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
You will meet your guide at our office in Via della Polveriera nr.8 in Rome.
Being one of the most visited monuments in the world, there are regularly long ticket lines at the Colosseum. By joining our Early Morning Colosseum Tour we will provide you with 'skip the line' entrance tickets, so the group can head straight inside and not waste time standing around in ticket lines.
As you walk inside the Colosseum, you will begin to feel the magnitude of where you are. Exploring the ground floor level and up to the second tier, your guide will recreate the past, with stories of epic battles, painting pictures in your mind, bringing to life the walls that surround you.
Learn about the types of games and ferocious battles that the Romans enjoyed the most. See where the emperor would be perched, high above the arena floor, ready to decide the fate of another gladiator as he stood before a roaring Roman crowd. Along with providing you with expert knowledge, your guide will also point out the best places to capture that perfect picture during your tour, as you tour the circumference of the Colosseum.
The tour will consist of 2 separate parts, 1 hour in the Colosseum & 1 hour in the Roman Forum and Palatine hill area.
These tours are separated by a break to allow time for pictures or to spend more time in the monument or attraction
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum & Palatine Hill part of the tour have various meeting times throughout the day.
You will be guided on foot, a short distance to the entrance of the Palatine Hill. Entering with the tour group, you will enjoy the direct access again without having to wait in the ticket line. From here you will be guided around the most famous of Rome's Seven Hills, which provides one of the very best vantage points in all of Rome for panoramic photographs of the Colosseum, and the ruins of the Roman Forum below.
Coming down from the Palatine Hill will see you enter the magical, Roman Forum. This was the “city square” of ancient Rome, and it is filled with numerous landmarks dating from every period of the Roman state. The expert tour guide will explain to you the significance of each inscription and monument, and you will get a feel for what it must have been like to walk through the marketplace in ancient Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional English Speaking guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 20 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
- If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- The exact timings and reservations can vary, dependant on the monument/attractions administration offices availabilities and decisions on the booking day and can be subject to last minute changes. Departure time can differ up to 20 minutes from your selected time.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- All clients will be asked to show a photo ID, you must bring a photo ID to be allowed into the Colosseum.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Great tour. It was wonderful going to the Colosseum early. There was still crowds but not as bad as it would be later on in the day. Simona was a great guide and I loved the pictures she had to show of what the Colosseum and Forum looked like back then. Very enjoyable.
We enjoyed our early morning Colosseum tour. Our guide Enza was very knowledgeable and she made it fun for the children.
The meeting place for the morning tour of the Colosseum was complicated to find. The directions were not clear and it took 3 tries, at least 15 minutes running around, to find the correct meeting spot. The tour itself was fine. Good tour guide, small enough group, and a good headsets/receiver set up. Informative and well organized.We then had to sit and wait outside the colosseum for another, unknown guide, to show up and make themselves known. The afternoon tour was with a different guide, one who talked way too fast, and with no headsets , it was not satisfactory. We had several non-native English speakers and even when asked to slow down, the guide continued at a pace that I, a native speaker with excellent hearing, could barely follow. Even at that, it felt rushed and unclear. Why bother with a tour for that?I now feel that it is absolutely necessary for the guide to wear a microphone and for the group to wear headsets. In all the tours I went on there are other groups around and unless you are the one standing next to the guide you miss so much including and questions are being asked and answered by the guide.Wish I had had a more positive experience.
This was a great tour! It is always crowded so don’t expect it to be otherwise but our guide was smart about it and lead us to where we could see and hear and it was excellent.