Kids Tour of the Vatican Museums
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The meeting with your private kid-friendly guide will be at the Vatican Museums. Your guide will have the skip the line tickets for your family that give you the opportunity to enter the Vatican Museums skipping the line and avoiding the queue. First of all you will go to the Octagonal Cortyard. Here your guide will start to give you information and explaination about the Sistine Chapel with the help of visual aids - in the Sistine Chapel it's not possible to explain. Then you will visit the Egyptian Museum where you can see a real mummy.... of course, if you think your kids might be scared, you can decide to skip this area: just tell it to your guide.
Other galleries that you are going to visit are: Gallery of the Maps, Gallery of Candelabra, Gallery of Tapestries. It's not just to look around, with this tour and your private guide, you will have a great overview of the place.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Citta del Vaticano 1, 00120 Vatican City Italy
No tour of the Vatican is complete without a visit of the Sistine Chapel. And you are going to visit it ! Your guide will give you few time to spend there and enjoy the great ceiling painted by Michelangelo! Looking at it, you can find all the details the guide explained you at the beginning of the tour. The guide is still there but cannot explain in the Sistine Chapel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza di San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The last site you are going to visit during the tour, is St Peter's Basilica. Also to enter the Basilica, you will skip the line because you are going to use a special pasageway from the Sistine Chapel. In St Peter's Basilica you can admire the Pietà .
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Colosseum and Vatican Tours by Italy Wonders, 00199 Rome Italy
Enjoy your city tour with Colosseum and Vatican Tours by Italy Wonders
- Private kid-friendly guide for 3 hours
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant from 0 to 5 years old are free of charge. Kids aged 6 years old and older pay as adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St Peter's Basilica is a Church and as such the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- If you arrive late you might lose the entrance at the Vatican
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please note that, for disabled visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74%, the Vatican Museums offers free entry that is extended to a companion for visitors who are not self-sufficient. To benefit from this, make sure you mention it at the time of booking so that our staff may handle your request.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Manuela built quick rapport with our children ages 5 and 13 and is a wonderful story teller. The tour was great, but be aware that the afternoon booking will put you into St. Peter's Basilica at the start of 5pm mass which limits how much of the Basilica you can see unless you plan to attend the mass.