Official Guided Tour of the Pantheon in Rome
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
Make your way to the Pantheon to explore the best-preserved monument of Ancient Rome on a guided tour of the former pagan temple. The 1-hour itinerary will narrate the history but above all the curiosities and lesser-known facts of the Basilica of Saint Maria ad Martyres, the Pantheon.
This monument has represented the greatest expression of the glory of Rome for more than two thousand years. In 608, Pope Boniface IV had the remains of many martyrs removed from the Christian catacombs and placed in the Pantheon. Thereafter the temple was officially converted to Christianity and named Saint Maria ad Martyres. The Pantheon was an inspiration to Raphael, one of the greatest architects of the Renaissance, and he requested it be his place of eternal rest. Unravel the mysteries of the structure, admire its extraordinary features, such as the dome with its oculus that both lets in sunlight and acts as a cooling and ventilation method.
Choose the tour in the time you prefer; just turn up at the D'Uva Audio guide Desk inside the Pantheon 5/10 minutes before (once inside of the Pantheon get on your right and you will see the Desk)
By participating, you helps us to support the numerous services offered at the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, in favour of those most in need and the missions
Duration: 45 minutes
- Expert guide
- Booking fee
- Donation to the Basilica di Santa Maria ad Martyres
- private tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Entry to the Pantheon is free
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- The Pantheon may be subject to closures without prior notice for masses, concerts or other events
- A valid ID (passport, ID card, Driver's License or credit card) will be required as a deposit in order to borrow the audio guide. Photocopies and student IDs aren't accepted
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
We arrived and found the kiosk where the woman behind it demanded (not asked) for my ID card, I had not realised we needed any - my fault I had cut down the printed voucher. She was extremely rude when I said I had none but accepted my bank card. We were then thrust 2 devices and left to it, no explanation on how to use it, forgive me but I thought it was a guided tour.....it’s free to go in the pantheon and you walk straight in. Don’t waste your money on a mobile phone device to wander round with a faint generic voice telling you what you can quite clearly see for yourself. So disappointed, not value for money at all and the rudeness of the staff was unnecessary.