Ostia antica walking tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Meeting point: entrance of the site.
Ostia Antica is a large archaeological site close to the modern town of Ostia.
Highlights of the site:
- Neptune's Thermal Baths with black and white mosaics representing Neptune and Amphitrite.
- The Theatre
- The Forum
- The House of Diana
- The Thermopolium
- The Forica
- The Streets and much more
Duration: 3 hours
- Private guidance and assistance
- "Skip-the-line" admission tickets
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The opening hours of the Ostia Archaeological Park may vary depending on the time of year Autumn / winter closure: - from the last Sunday of October to 15 February: last entry 15.30 with exit 16.30; - from February 16th to March 15th: last admission 16.00 with exit 17.00; - from 16 March to the last Saturday of March: last admission 16.30 with exit 17.30
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
A great opportunity to experience what it might have been like to live in this ancient port city. Only about 45 minutes by train from Rome. Our tour guide was excellent, she made this ancient history come alive! Plan on spending at least 3 hours here and wear comfortable shoes! The food was very good in the modern cafeteria!