Exclusive Colosseum Ancient Rome Private Tour with Priority Entrance
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide and start your journey through the centuries. Enjoy this Private Tour of the Colosseum to explore the ancient Roman history. Walk past the often-long lines with your skip-the-line ticket. Live a special experience inside this majestic monument. In the comfort of a private group (your party size), you will have a pleasant stroll in the history and glory of the Roman Empire. Your informative guide will make your experience funny and full of good memories.
Your personal guide will tell you about the techniques of construction invented by the Romans and the high level of technology achieved by Roman engineers to built the Colosseum.
Inside the Colosseum, you will walk around the first tiers and reach the arena to learn about the trapdoors and all the mechanisms used to animate the games. Your guide will keep you entertained with stories of sea-battles, the cages where lions were kept before the games started, the rooms in which gladiators were waiting before they reached the arena, the executions, and the excitement of the spectators attending the most spectacular, fantastic, and expensive games in human history.
After exploring the first level you will reach the second tiers to enjoy the best inside and outside view of the Colosseum.
During the tour, your tour guide will be at your disposal to answer all of your questions and curiosities.
The tour is approximately 1-hour and is suitable for all ages, including children.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Start your second part of the tour exploring the Palatine Hill residence of the Roman Emperors, overlooking on one side the Circus Maximus and on the other side the valley of the Roman Forum. Visit the Forum after your walk through Palatine Hill.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Roman Forum is one of the most important archaeological areas in the world, with some of ancient Rome's most evocative ruins: the Temple of Julius Caesar (built in the same spot where his body was cremated), the Arch of Titus, House of the Vestal Virgins, Senate House, Basilica of Maxentius, and much more.
The tour will lead you up to Capitoline Hill to admire the suggestive ruins of the millenary Latin civilization. Observe the elegant renaissance square designed by Michelangelo and decorated with the statue of Marcus Aurelius. Enjoy then the most beautiful panoramic views of Rome from the top of the Capitoline Hill.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Skip the Line Access to the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Exclusive private experience
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Official private guided tour including skip-the-line ticket, entrance fee, and taxes
- Not wheelchair accessible due to uneven terrain at the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Important: please note that you cannot get into the Colosseum if you are carrying large bags/backpacks/suitcases. The Colosseum has no cloakroom service, so please only bring a small-size bag you can easily carry
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
My husband I were treated to a private tour that lasted nearly 4 hours in glorious sunshine. Our guide, Simone apologies for any misspelling, was truly an expert in all facets of the areas we toured. This included the history of the architecture and artwork/materials, Roman culture during multiple centuries, significant historical figures, and key events from the construction through the deconstruction of the key structures and artifacts we witnessed. She brough several visual aids to assist our imaginations to truly see the structures in their original glory based on historic records. We felt in-tune with the people from centuries past as she described their typical day and the priorities of their culture. She answered all questions fully in perfect English. Her personal enthusiasm and pride in her Roman culture was infectious. We learned so much and she drew our eyes that we would never have noticed and explained historical significance including transitions from BC to AD. Unbelievable! The ongoing excavations on Palatine Hill that seem to be uncovering the original Iron Age hut foundations considered to be the Casa Romuli simply blew our minds and were the highlight of an exquisite tour. Cannot recommend our guide enough!