Roman Catacombs & Bone Chapel - Small Group, Skip-the-line
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombe di San Callisto, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Usually we visit the Catacombs of Saint Callisto, however due to the traffic, closures and repairs, sometimes we visit the Catacombs of Saint Domitilla instead. The Catacombs are an extensive networks of tunnels dug from 1st to 5th centuries AD.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Basilica of San Clemente, Via Labicana 95, 00184 Rome Italy
Explore this magnificent basilica with your expert guide and be amazed to find the layers of ancient Rome hidden underground.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
Take a walk through the gallery of bones created by Capuchin friars from 18th to 19th centuries, and let your guide explain why the friars decided to decorate their crypts with over 3700 skeletons.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di San Callisto
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of San Clemente
- Entry/Admission - Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- No photos allowed at the venues!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
This tour was one of the main highlights of our trip to Rome! We booked the early tour and so avoided the crowds a little which added to the eerie experiences! Thank You Demitri for your thorough and clear commentary-You made this tour exceptional and memorable-I cannot recommend your services enough!
Highly recommended! Nice time of year to go as not too crowded. Very informative tour guide and just enough time spent in each place.