Half Day Rome in One Day and Authentic Food Tour
Before starting the walking tour, everyone will have an authentic shot of Italian espresso to wake up and get ready for the walk. You will stop by some of the famous shops and bars to have a taste of what the local eats, including ( but not limited to), pizza, suppli, different types of cheese, different kinds of cured meat, and olive oil just to name a few. You will learn about the process of making meat and cheese in Italy, what makes it different from others, and why the food tastes so good. You will get to taste fresh mozzarella cheese and learn how to distinguish between fresh and mediocre. You will then go to a restaurant nearby, where the chef will whip up some fresh sauces with seasonal ingredients received that morning for your pasta dishes.
All of restaurants and stores chosen on this tour are some of the best kept secrets of locals, tucked away in small streets. Whether it is your first, second, or third time in Rome you may discover something new in joining this tour.
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Guide specialized in art history and food
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required : Please supply us with any info about your dietary restriction at the time of booking, or let us know right after your booking by send us a message or call us because this way, we could accommodate you better. If you tell us this information on the date of the tour, it is very difficult , at times impossible to accommodate this, so please kindly include this information in advance
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
I felt this tour was too much touring the area's instead of getting a tour of food. We had two tours one that showed us around the area which I felt was not necessary, then we had a second tour guide that took us to another area and sampled several areas with food. This part was far better and the tour guide was very informative, and explained the food.