Rome: Spanish Steps to the Colosseum Itinerary and Meet-up with a Local Host
Book a meet-up with CityUnscripted. We will contact you within 24 hours and ask you question about your preferences and interests, so we can match you with the right profile and assign a like-minded Local Roman. He or she who will become your local host.
Keeping in mind your personal answers we will put together a bespoke itinerary, just for you.
Please note that this will be outlined but flexible. A meeting point will be arranged with your guide in the most convenient place for you. If during the tour, you feel like changing direction, or your guide believes that you'd enjoy a sight or different experience, he/she will suggest and discuss with you changes to the itinerary.
Enjoy discovering amazing spots in Rome that you don't know about and are difficult to find in any guidebook or on the Internet, because they are lesser known to the crowd but beloved by Locals! The day revolves around your wishes so enjoy your private tour and let your Local show you the Rome you will love.
• Meet a like-minded, vetted local who loves showing visitors around their city and who will organize an outing based on your interests
• See the main tourist sites you want to see as well as discovering areas, venues and walks that most tourists miss
• Receive valuable advice from your local about other things to do in the city
• Explore from the Spanish Steps to Colosseum and all the bits in-between
- Private and personalised 3 hour meet-up
- Working together to build the perfect itinerary for you
- Local host
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Food and drinks
- Any tickets into attractions/venues
- Public/private transportation during the itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Meet-ups are fully personalized so any additional requirements like tickets, transportation and food & drinks can be arranged for an additional cost
- Private groups are normally no larger than 6 people (if your group is larger, please make this known so that arrangements can be made)
- Please book at least 24-hours in advance so that the best experience can be designed for you
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We chose to do a private tour and we chose the Vatican, Trevi Fountain, Colleseum, Spanish Steps for where we wanted to tour. Our tour guide was nice enough but he didn't really know anything about the sites which was frustrating. We used the subway system to get around with him and he seemed to struggle with using the subway system and getting around in the city. For the cost, it wasn't worth it. He admitted he just started being a tour guide and we were his first so hopefully he will learn about the key tourist sites so that he can speak knowledgeably going forward and learn to get around better in the city.