Skip the Line: Colosseum Official Guided Tour - Entrance Fee Included
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide and enjoy panoramic views of the best preserved part of the Colosseum. Get a detailed description of the Colosseum from the outside, before skipping the long lines to step inside.
Your guide will entertain you with tales of sea-battles, and tell you about the cages where the lions were kept. Imagine the roar of the crowd as their blood-lust was met. Continue to the 2nd tiers for the best views of the Colosseum, inside and out.
End your tour in front of the official book shop of the Colosseum, where you can find a wide assortment of books about the arena.
Duration: 1 hour
- Colosseum walking guided tour
- Professional tour guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Small-group of 25 person or less
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.
- To get inside the Colosseum it used group ticket and not individual one. Anyone can ask just the ticket entrance.
- All visitors MUST have a photo ID for the security check
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- As per Colosseum rules, LARGE BAGS - PERFUMES – SPRAY/AEROSOL CANS- WEAPONS – GLASS – ALCOHOL are forbidden. Please note that there is no cloakroom service inside the Colosseum to accommodate the above items.
- At the end of the Colosseum Tour, guests who wish to access the Roman Forum & Palatine will be accompanied by a member of our staff
- Activity not recommended for people with motor lag
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please be advised that the Colosseum’s capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure • This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events
- PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with walking problems
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Was awesome to see this iconic structure. Our guide was a really interesting young man who gave a lot of information that seemed to appeal to everyone in the group. Wish we'd booked the extension to visit the underground portion though!
The tour guide was knowledgeable, but he only showed limited areas. It may have been due to a very hot weather! Lourdes
I thought the tour company did a good job of organizing the group (kind of like herding cats!). I enjoyed the tour and the guide's commentary. It was a VERY hot day, so that unfortunately made us a little distracted (we wanted to find some shade!). I would book another tour with this company.
This tour was good but not great!! However the temp was 90 so considering the heat it was well worth it!
the only way to see the colesseum. a little hard to hear some of the audio possibly due to worse earphones and radio equipment than experienced in other tours. that said a lovely friendly tour guide and great information
From start to finish this was a most fascinating tour - the first we have done with Viator. A friendly welcome, a knowledgeable and engaging guide and an amazing venue. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend!
This tour was very disappointing.There was a lot of talking and passing around pictures of what The Colliseum looked like, but very little life in the presentation .
Make sure you do this early in the day, if it is going to be hot, and take a photo id. The security is getting quite strict. Our guide did a very good job of trying to get us into the best photo spots and made sure, with her big photos from her tote bag, that we understood what it really looked like in ancient times.
This was not my favorite tour. Quite a bit of standing in line to see some old ruins. The guide did a good job, but we had to be there early and waited for the time to go inside. Seeing it from the outside pretty much tells the story and at night it is actually pretty, but you don't need a tour to do that.
This tour is not worth the money in my opinion. It was a hurry up and wait situation. We had to wait for a guide, the guide briefly went over some of the larger points, but only made 2 stops within the Colosseum. We had expected more of an in depth tour for what we had to pay. We felt that the tour and experience upon arrival to be worth what we paid, the tour guide kept repeating herself and pointed to a book. Very disappointed. We even sent an email to Viator and they did not help at all.
Great tour! Very interesting. A must see while in Rome
This was a good tour. Our guide was knowledgable and kind. He was really focused on the engineering related aspects of the Colosseum, which was a very interesting angle. I would have really enjoyed this if he had been inclined to provide more story telling -- taking us back in time to imagine what took place there. Overall, though, very good. Book an early tour if you can, as once it gets crowded, it is far less enjoyable.
Great experience. Guide was very informative and the tour proceeded exactly on plan. Would highly recommend.