Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Enjoy role-playing sessions and fun challenges — designed by an early childhood educational specialist — that aim to keep your kids engaged and excited about the incredible ruins that abound.
With a history of emperors, gladiators, lions and battles, there are few monuments in the world that can spark imagination like the Colosseum. Skip the long entrance lines with your priority-access ticket, and explore the ground floor of the impressive amphitheater with your guide. As you walk, enjoy anecdotes and stories about the gladiators to create a vivid picture of the past. Participation is encouraged in the stories, so feel free to ask questions and get your kids involved in the open and interactive environment.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Roman Forum, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Having enjoyed up to 40 minutes inside the Colosseum, stroll back outside and say your goodbyes to your guide as your family-friendly Colosseum tour finishes. After your guided tour, you will be escorted to one of the Ancient Rome’s relics and ruins that are clustered throughout the Roman Forum, so head there to explore and discover the history that’s set in the site’s stones at your own path.
Duration: 1 hour
- A delicious Gelato!
- Skip the Line to Colosseum
- Fun gadgets and plenty of activities tailored for children
- Headsets, if needed
- Professional English guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world; skip-the-line access and careful planning limit the crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry.
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Loved the experience, Laura did an amazing job of entertaining the children despite the nearly 40 degree heat!! Nice gifts for the children, would recommend and once again thank you Laura :)
Our guide was great. She was knowledgeable, energetic, and young. She had really good visuals to help with her tour that help us envision life back then. We had a good pace. She helped us take pictures of our family. My grandchildren are in that awkward 13 and 14 yr old age. Thought the tour was really good for under 10 yrs. If your youth are into history and older, think this would be good too. The lesson on the Roman numerals could have been a little shorter, definitely geared toward the young.
Our tour was excellent for families. So educational. We really got a sense of the cruelty that took place in the Colosseum thousands of years ago. Our tour guide Alicia was delightful, friendly and very well informed. Highly recommend!
Perfect length for our kids. Enough breadth and depth to keep the adults engaged. Kept moving. Tour guide was adept at keeping us together and moving even with big crowds. Just enough stopping and talking to be informative but not lose the kids. This was an excellent experience. Best for kids 11 or younger, but older kids still enjoyed it.
Evertything was great! Visiting Rome, with kids and mother, in such a hot day, it was great to have our own line and our own guide.. Kids loved it